I was looking around for videos on add chords and sus chords and i found one with a peculiar chord progression. The progression goes D major--->Cadd9--->G major. What key would this be in? I don't see how it could be D because D major doesnt have a C major chord, it has a C# dim. C major has a D minor chord. G major has both a C and D major chord so this seems to be the key that would fit. It just doesn't sound like it resolves to G. Can someone offer an explanation? Here's the video: chord progression

Thanks
Thats pretty much what I deduced as well. I guess this just goes to show that the chord the progression starts on doesn't necessarily dictate the key huh? Thanks for the help.
It definitely resolves to the D major chord. The progression would seem to suggest D mixolydian.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Unlike Archeo here, I was too much of an ass (role reversal?) to check out the link, and if it resolves to D that would definatley suggest D Mixolydian as Archeo said.
Quote by Archeo Avis
It definitely resolves to the D major chord. The progression would seem to suggest D mixolydian.
Mind explaining this? I see, feel, hear and know that it resolves on that G. It's called a plagal cadence.
Quote by demonofthenight
Mind explaining this? I see, feel, hear and know that it resolves on that G. It's called a plagal cadence.

I know what a plagal cadence is, but (and this may just be the voicings I chose on the piano), the D note is present as the top extension on every chord, and seems to hammer in D as the root note better than G or C.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by Archeo Avis
I know what a plagal cadence is, but (and this may just be the voicings I chose on the piano), the D note is present as the top extension on every chord, and seems to hammer in D as the root note better than G or C.
I did notice the droning D note, but I would have expected a C or a E to be in that G chord if it was D mixolydian. These notes lead well to D, at least better than G or B.