Poll Options
View poll results: wet or dry campus?
Wet campus
62 78%
Dry campus
18 23%
Voters: 80.
Page 1 of 2
so i dont know if this applies anywhere but america. so if it doesnt, whatever.

If you dont know what a wet or dry campus is, here are the basics(the way i understand them):

a "dry campus" has rules that state that the students cannot consume alcohol on campus. period. everyone still does it, but if caught, you can be severly punished, no matter the age.

then there is this awesome thing called a "wet campus." it is the opposite of dry campus. granted, you cant go pour your beer on the campus police, but drinking is accepted.

i go to a wet campus. it is great. like the oter day at homecoming, i was having a beer on some random frat house porch (im not a frat boy), just enjoying myself. with a beer. outside. (to get the significance of this, you have to understand my past drinking experiences in my town. it was always at some party where we always wound up getting terrified because of the cops driving by.) it was a pretty weird experience, because at homecoming, EVERYONE was drinking, so it actually was okay to be walking around drinking beer. i politely waved at an officer walking by as i drank and he did nothing. i am 3 years underage. this was a bit of a shock to me. but still pretty cool.

so i ask: how many students go to a wet camus, and how many go to dry?

ps it should go wthout saying, but i mean COLLEGE campus. i dont expect your highschool algebra teacher to crack open a tallboy in the middle of class.
Help Out A Dentist; Play Rugby

I have now met 1/5 of the original GNR lineup.
so far: Steven Adler
to go: Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff.

Quote by ReeseKillsHIV

You sir, are a nice person.
LOL I go to a Catholic university and it's wet as hell. It's practically raining every weekend.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Community college = bullshit = dry.

But I don't drink anyway, so I don't care.

But I'm pretty sure I'm dorming next year. I think most of the colleges I have in mind are 'dry' anyway.
i don't even attend a Uni, i go to a CC. but i sometimes party at the nearby Unis, and wet campuses suck because you can't go to the frats or dorms, you gotta go to someone's cramped apartment or just have one of those "couch parties".
My Uni has a pub that only Students or faculty and their guests can get into.

It rocks so hard . . .
Quote by dudius
i don't even attend a Uni, i go to a CC. but i sometimes party at the nearby Unis, and wet campuses suck because you can't go to the frats or dorms, you gotta go to someone's cramped apartment or just have one of those "couch parties".

i guess my campus is awesome, because really, none of the frat people are assholes. ive heard of places where they wont let you in unless you know someone, but here...everyones cool with eachother. as long as you arent a TOTAL mooch and dont get too rowdy, youll be fine.

i love college.

i edited just to clarify who i was reponding to.
Help Out A Dentist; Play Rugby

I have now met 1/5 of the original GNR lineup.
so far: Steven Adler
to go: Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff.

Quote by ReeseKillsHIV

You sir, are a nice person.
Mine is wet... I don't live on campus though and don't know any first years in residence that I'd want to party with.
drinking is allowed on my school campus. in fact, there are restaurants on campus that serve alcohol. and on game days, its everywhere.
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

At University of Northern Colorado, it's dry as hell. If you think the campus police will be hard on you for a can or bottle of alcohol, then I suggest to you don't get caught with any other drugs...

But that's only dorm life. Frat houses or uni. owned apartments, free for all
i go to a dry campus but i drive up to a wet campus, because i go to a branch campus of Penn State so i go up to main campus almost every week especially for football games. but yea i had 12 beers to day and i started at 1pm im kind of pissed cause it really did not get me drunk
Quote by nincompoop
potcorn56, you are a god.
Mine is technically dry
but they don't care at all
(unless you are throwing a party in the dorms)
beyond that, we all hung out with our RA tonight drunk
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Quote by no1flyhalf
i guess my campus is awesome, because really, none of the frat people are assholes. ive heard of places where they wont let you in unless you know someone, but here...everyones cool with eachother. as long as you arent a TOTAL mooch and dont get too rowdy, youll be fine.

i love college.

i edited just to clarify who i was reponding to.

yeah, those are the ones i like. i hate exclusive parties. if i wanted exclusive, i'd go to some overrated velvet-rope clubs where nobody has much fun, but they feel elite when allowed inside.
Quote by Paroxysm
At University of Northern Colorado, it's dry as hell. If you think the campus police will be hard on you for a can or bottle of alcohol, then I suggest to you don't get caught with any other drugs...

But that's only dorm life. Frat houses or uni. owned apartments, free for all

one of the colleges near where i live is terrible, they allow alcohol but not parties anywhere on campus, which means dorms frats and apartments.
i hope that you understand that when you live on a wet campus, you can only drink when you are 21. that cop probably kept walking because one cop is going to have a bitch of a time breaking up a huge frat party. i wouldnt recommend having a beer in your hand in front of cops next time because all he has to do is say, "let me see your id", and you are going to get a fairly nice fine.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
I think the idea of a dry campus is kind of silly unless it's a hardcore evangelical christian college or something. optional dry dorms however are great.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by NoLaurelTree000
i hope that you understand that when you live on a wet campus, you can only drink when you are 21. that cop probably kept walking because one cop is going to have a bitch of a time breaking up a huge frat party. i wouldnt recommend having a beer in your hand in front of cops next time because all he has to do is say, "let me see your id", and you are going to get a fairly nice fine.

true enough, it's smarter say inside at a party where things aren't out of control if you happen to be a minor. sometimes if a cop sees someone who looks like they could be old enough they won't worry, but it's still a gamble.
I go to Uni in the UK so I'm safe. I honestly don't think I'd live in halls if they said we couldn't drink. Or I'd just drink anyway and to hell with those fascists!
Official member of the "UG Senior Citizens Club For People Over 21"
Official member of the "UG Fat Chicks Appreciation Club" (Yeah, no one will probably follow...)

Quote by Greenie_777
Haha at uni in England they sell you cheap alcohol.

God American Uni sounds horrible.

nah. as long as you arent a big moron you will never get caught.

you get in the car, go buy beer, park in front of the dorms, fill your backpack full of beer, walk into the dorm, go to room, drink, repeat.

they cant search your bags at the front desk and RA's cant come into your room if they dont see anything when you open the door. thats why you hide everything, step outside in the hall, shut the door, and ask the RA if he has a search warrant or a cop present to get into your room.

not to mention me and most of my friends would rip bongs in our dorm rooms most everyday/multiple times a day. we did this for two years and never got caught. seriously, unless you are a big fucking moron, you will never get caught at college.

that being said, i moved off campus into a house this year, and i would never go back to the dorms because they suck
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Wet campus. However, you can't bring in bottles of beer, yet you can bring in bottles of hard liquor. Makes no sense, I know...
Quote by DrLoveFuzz
I'd rather listen to my parents having sex than LCD Soundsystem.
we don't have a campus at all, the various faculties are just littered all round the city

there's a bar across the street from my building (the Faculty of Electric Engineering and Computer Science) and other 2 or three up/down the road

theres like a dozen bars within 200m of my dorm (with 2 or 3 of them being open till like 4am)

my dorm's janitor will give you crap if you catches you bringing in industrial quantities of alcohol for a party or whatever....
but we just have organised parties in the bomb shelter next to the building every 2 weeks, everybody in the dorm who wants to can sleep, everybody who doesn't want to sleep can go there and scream and shout to their hearts content
Last edited by seljer at Oct 25, 2008,
I didn't know there was such a thing as a "dry" campus. I suppose in the US in some states your not necessarily legal when you go to "college". We have 9 bars on campus and were encouraged to go them all in the first week.
Quote by mh400nt
Theres rats running around outside my window, one of them has an apple, he looks very happy about this.

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
Oh ****

Aaaah well. It gives me an excuse to rape.

Quote by Jaymz_515
Bunnywunnywabbitywoos.
Quote by NoLaurelTree000
you get in the car, go buy beer, park in front of the dorms, fill your backpack full of beer, walk into the dorm, go to room, drink, repeat.

Pretty much what my roommates and I did Except they got caught twice, but the RA was cool and just made them wrote a paper on responsible drinking

Unless the police will be bothered enough to search for underage drinkers at a party, they will never come unless a neighbor is complaining or a fight break out (which was never when I was there).
I hang out in the playground of elementary schools while offering kids Jesus Juice. Does that count?
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
I live in a country where no one care about alcohol, nay, the alcohol its self is praised!
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
I've never even heard of a dry campus. What a stupid concept.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Ur all $h1t

Surprise, surprise

Last school I was to was a dry one. After a few months there we had a big debate, and eventually decided to make it a wet campus through a majority vote.

The principal ignored the majority vote and had it stay the way it was. The week after we had a "democracy day" where we were supposed to learn the values and importance of democracy. I found it quite ironic...
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Here's what would happen if a British uni banned alcohol on campus: no-one would go there.

Here at Soton they do everything to make you drink short of jumping you and shoving a funnel in your mouth. Actually that's happened to me. I've had tutorials in the pub. Drinking is what it's all about.
Stupid idea.

How are you supposed to get pished on the cheap if you can't tank half a bottle of vodka and the best part of a six pack before you go out?
Quote by Ur all $h1t
not at all. some people want to go to school and socialize in an environment where you don't have some random moron puking on your shoes. so they go to schools like that. it's all about choices, innit?
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by Kensai
Surprise, surprise

Last school I was to was a dry one. After a few months there we had a big debate, and eventually decided to make it a wet campus through a majority vote.

The principal ignored the majority vote and had it stay the way it was. The week after we had a "democracy day" where we were supposed to learn the values and importance of democracy. I found it quite ironic...

You could learn a thing or two from us violent Americans. See, at that point.. when democracy fails, you should resort to violent revolution. And boot legging. Those two things seem to get us what we want. It's the only reason owning records is still legal.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You could learn a thing or two from us violent Americans.
never gonna happen. America is bad m'kay?
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by Kensai
Surprise, surprise

I had no idea there was such a thing as a dry school in Sweden.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
never gonna happen. America is bad m'kay?

But.. But...

..We.. Have.. Guns..??

Which reminds me, I'm almost twenty one. I wonder how much a desert eagle will run me. Live action Duke Nukem, here I come.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You could learn a thing or two from us violent Americans. See, at that point.. when democracy fails, you should resort to violent revolution. And boot legging. Those two things seem to get us what we want. It's the only reason owning records is still legal.

We tried, but we just couldn't find any muskets!

Quote by Renka
I had no idea there was such a thing as a dry school in Sweden.

Det var en scoutfolkhögskola. Av nån anledning så gillar dom inte att supa. Hade jag vart med i scouterna skulle jag inte gjort nåt annat.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Jack Off Jill
But.. But...

..We.. Have.. Guns..??

Which reminds me, I'm almost twenty one. I wonder how much a desert eagle will run me. Live action Duke Nukem, here I come.
Where are you gonna get the mutant pig men in police uniforms?
Page 1 of 2