me and some friends have been asked to do this charity gig and the other guitarist found this girl singer whos 3 years older than us.

she wanted to do some rubbish song called i kissed a girl or something and its so poppy and its just really bad, so we said can we do something else (cos i wanted to do slither by VR but shes said no cos it was too "dark")

so far we're doing californiacation and all right now, which is okay i guess just not what i wld have picked,

has anyone got any ideas of songs we could do??

and please dont do the "i cum blood" by cannibal corpse, thats getting kinda dry

thanks guys
i too have a chick singer. but my band just started up about 2 weeks ago. just try her out on a few different things and see what happens. or try to do more original stuff and less covers. idk how long you have until your charity thing tho so best of luck to you.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
i love me some bunnys

--> --> --> -->

Anybody up for a WookieCore Band? You let me know.

Watch me as i Rock on...
at least you have a singer,
my band cant agree on whos going to sing, so i might just leave mine xD
Fender Special Edition Custom Telecaster FMT HH in Crimson Red
Reverend Sensei HB FM in Tobacco Burst
Fender Vintage C Neck, HH, Surf Green Nitrocellulose (Handmade)

Egnater Rebel-30 MKI Head
Egnater Tourmaster Series 412B 280W 4x12 Cabinet
If this girl wants to sing some Kate Perry crap, then get a new singer.
Entrails of a Virgin's **** - Cannibal Corpse
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
Ultimately the singer is what matters the most in choosing songs dude. It doesn't matter if your band absolutely kicks a** at a particular song, if she sucks at it, the whole band will sound crap. My point is you need to pick songs that suit her and she is going to enjoy singing. Make her a CD of songs that you like that you also think would suit her voice and her tastes, and she can pick from those. Alternatively compromise, offer to do the crappy Katy Perry song in exchange for doing Slither. The best people to pick songs are you and her, not us.
Slither is uplifting and happy, what the hell is she talking about? Fire her, she sucks balls.
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Rolling Stone is to the music industry what TheOnion.com is to news.

Ambivalence.
cant go wrong by playing everlong by the foos. i think it would go pretty good with a girl singer.
do misery bussiness or crushcruschcrush by paramore they are pretty good songs an they get heavier in the choruses
Quote by Crotty
do misery bussiness or crushcruschcrush by paramore they are pretty good songs an they get heavier in the choruses

+1
Quote by magnus_maximus
You're whackin' one off in the toilet and you jizz on the counter?

I hope you never get a driving license.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Dude mangoes are so good. Imagine a blowjob, but instead of the feeling being on your dick, it's on your mouth.
She's a woman what does she know?

Play some Necrophagist.
Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.
sing one by metallica
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
IF SHE WANTS TO SING I KISSED A GIRL THEN GET RID OF HER FAST!!!!!!!! But if you dont want to, then i agree with crotty, do like a paramore cover.
Quote by Tallman
I Kissed A Girl is a GREAT song!

I can't believe you guys!

I cant tell if yor neing sarcastic or not, are you, i hope so?
Quote by Tallman
I Kissed A Girl is a GREAT song!

I'm going to have to agree with this chap - it is a great song for getting the audience's attention. Most people will know the song, will sing along with the song, and some of the chicks in the audience might start to make out with each other to the song.

How is this a bad plan?

Keep the groove of the song - it has an awesome groove - but just tweak the song to be more in line with the band's musical style.

It's called a compromise. It's part of being in a band with other people.

Quote by Freunleven
I'm going to have to agree with this chap - it is a great song for getting the audience's attention. Most people will know the song, will sing along with the song, and some of the chicks in the audience might start to make out with each other to the song.

How is this a bad plan?

Keep the groove of the song - it has an awesome groove - but just tweak the song to be more in line with the band's musical style.

It's called a compromise. It's part of being in a band with other people.

I agree.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZ3Z1a7TDKg
^^ win.

I dunno, if it's a girl you can probly do some Zepplin, Rush, Iron Maiden? (if you're into that stuff.) If you want some really happy sounding things though, Def Leppard? Guns N Roses (sweet child o mine, the mother of all corny audience pleasers)?

Usually, you'll hear something on the radio thats makes you go "sweet, we could do that".
Quote by YetAnotherMuso
Ultimately the singer is what matters the most in choosing songs dude. It doesn't matter if your band absolutely kicks a** at a particular song, if she sucks at it, the whole band will sound crap. My point is you need to pick songs that suit her and she is going to enjoy singing. Make her a CD of songs that you like that you also think would suit her voice and her tastes, and she can pick from those. Alternatively compromise, offer to do the crappy Katy Perry song in exchange for doing Slither. The best people to pick songs are you and her, not us.

+1

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
If you're not happy, ditch the singer.

But first, at least have a talk with her and see if you can find some common ground to expand upon. One of the hardest aspects of running a band is finding popular songs that won't alienate the audience, while still staying true to yourselves and retaining your own style.
Gorillaz - Dare

I'm listening to it now, and I'm thinking how good it'd sound on guitar with a female singer.
chick singers are Ok at first not to be sexest but they demand more and usualy end up ditching you (that's a bit steryotypical i know ) if your looking for exposure then just go with what you have but if your seriouse then get a singer who will do the things that you like put up adds (yes that is really corny i know but you get some really decent ppl aplying for those things)
Quote by gilmourish

she wanted to do some rubbish song called i kissed a girl or something and its so poppy and its just really bad,

Why not take that song and rev it up a bit. Turn it into something you'd like. Just because you're playing a cover, that doesn't mean to say it has to sound exactly like the original.
i suggested to her we did wild thing cos the audience would get involved, i thort it wld sound sweet.
I too have felt the sting of a female lead singer, mine left in the middle of a college course however...If you want to make this situation work...COMPROMISE.

Not heavy enough for you? Find the chords online and work something out to make it more your style.

Sorry/ Its been a bad week.