Im looking for a decent wah-wah pedal and ive searched YouTube for demos and gak for prices. But which one is better than the other.. the three main ones that ive looked at are...

Ibanez WP7 Weeping Demon

Jim Dunlop CryBaby / Jim Dunlop SW-95 Slash Wah

(also is it worth spending extra on the slash model if the Dunlop is better?)

also if you can think of any better with a max budget of £130 please post. Thankyou UG!
:::Gear:::

Ibanez JS100
Marshall MGDFX Halfstack
Roland Cube 30
Line6 X3 Live
Aria Acoustic (idk what make)
What tone dyou want?

Stay away from the Dunlop unless you can mod it, and generally stay away from the Slash wah.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
depends what style you play
for blues and classic rock etc go for the dunlop
for metal/ heavier stuff go with the weeping demon

edit - chuckles mginty, your sig is class lol
well im play alot of classic rock.. and i also play iron maiden.. but they dont use wah haha ^^ :P so ye.. more classic rock than metal

Ibanez JS100
Marshall MGDFX Halfstack
Roland Cube 30
Line6 X3 Live
Quote by smlyriz
well im play alot of classic rock.. and i also play iron maiden.. but they dont use wah haha ^^ :P so ye.. more classic rock than metal

cool
well in that case id say the dunlop original crybaby, its a good pedal, iv got one upstairs at the moment but its not mine lol

iron maiden use wah in some of their songs, like "prowler" but your right, they dont overuse it like some people (kirk hammett) lol
CryBaby it is.. =]

EDIT: ive just been looking on GAK and search for the crybabys..

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/products.php?s=&k=crybaby&x=0&y=0&m=Brands&c=Products&r=Price+Range

thats the selection.. is the original one to get the £55 ?? or which ones best out of them all... ??

Ibanez JS100
Marshall MGDFX Halfstack
Roland Cube 30
Line6 X3 Live
Last edited by smlyriz at Oct 25, 2008,
Don't get the Crybaby unless you can mod it.

It's a bag of shit without mods.

Save up for something nicer, or a soldering iron if you've not got one.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
ibanez
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
the weeping demon, hands down. it can do your bluesy/hendrix wah riffs to metal leads. there's plenty of adjustment to allow the variations.
Join the Palomino Players Guild!
Guitars:
Schecter C1 Hellraiser FR (18v mod; Big Block, D-Tuna)
1975 Les Paul Custom replica

Amps:
Orange Dual Terror Head
B-52 AT 212 - might sell this
Palomino V16...dead
Quote by whoismilan
For £130, those are not the wahs I'd be looking at...

Look up ones such as RMC, Budda and Fulltone. The link to Justin's wah reviews would be a good place to start, as would http://www.youtube.com/user/ProGuitarShopDemos.

Listen to this guy.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
For Classic Rock, I would save up and get a Budda BudWah. I have one and it is phenomenal!

I think it is based off of the Vox wahs, but it has less volume drop and less trebly highs that won't hurt your ears when you put the wah forward.
Saint Louis Blues
ye ive looked at the reviews and the Budda Budwah sounds awesome.. but im trying to find a website that sells them in the UK.. ive looked at GAK and no luck there im affraid.. not sure on any other good sites

Ibanez JS100
Marshall MGDFX Halfstack
Roland Cube 30
Line6 X3 Live
Quote by rhcp_freak
What tone dyou want?

Stay away from the Dunlop unless you can mod it, and generally stay away from the Slash wah.

i have the slash wah and i think it's amazing. stay away from the original crybaby, that's crap. But in my opinion the slash wah and the 535q are really good wahs, i can get a really good classic rock tone from the slash wah. Here's a good clip about it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBc2RBqTq0s
Last edited by slashfan31 at Oct 25, 2008,
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the Area 51 wahs. They're worth checking out. Great pedals.
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.