Im currently using a RG75G2 and a hellraiser, and despite popular opinion, it sounds good, but... but i want to take it further and go into tube.

Basically is the randall RH50TC 50 watt head gona be too loud for bedroom playing?
And if this is overkill then theres no possible way the bugera 6202 is gonna be playable at these levels, right?

Some people say that they sound alright at low levels, but yeah, any help guys? any low wattage really high gain heads out there? is 50 watts low enough or is a lost dream?
"It sounded so good and when i put it on a Line 6 Spider with a Zoom guitar efect petal it sounded so good" - Dean SplitTail review on musicians friend
In my experience, if you're cheaping out of a tube amp, there will nearly always be a better solid state amp for the same price. Cheap tube amps only sell because it's like ''OH LOOK TUBES!'', they don't sound particularly inspiring until you spend a little more. That Randall you are looking at is barely any better than the G2 (You are right, it is a pretty decent amp). It's kinda muddy and not very hi-gain. The Bugera sounds a little better but it's still pretty meh.

Either:
1. Save up a little more and get a 'real' valve amp.
2. Buy a solid state.
3. Buy the Bugera

That's my opinion.

Answering your original question, unless you play classic rock or blues or similar styles you won't want to crank.
Last edited by Horlicks at Oct 25, 2008,
Quote by Horlicks
Answering your original question, unless you play classic rock or blues or similar styles you want to crank.

Can you clarify that, please?
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
Quote by BigFatSandwich
Can you clarify that, please?

Cranked tone sounds pretty bad when it comes to metal and similar stuff
Quote by Horlicks
Cranked tone sounds pretty bad when it comes to metal and similar stuff

Ah, ok. I ask because I've been primarily an acoustic player for the past, like, 4 years, but I'm looking to venture into the electric world, soon. I've got a lot of tone-experimenting to do.

It's all very exciting.
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light