Hello

I have legal copies of both Sonar Cakewalk and Cubase 4, both i have the same problem that it doesn pick up audio whether it is playingi t or recording it, but it works for MIDI, also i can record audio on audacity. I was thinking is it a audio interface what i need, if so, what does it actually do?

Thanks in advanced
Jack
High end programs like Sonar prefer interfaces so if you dont have an audio interface, get one.
also be sure to go into control panel and set the record and playback to the interface, then do the same in the sequencer(s).

See the pinned posts about into on interfaces. They are high end sound cards for audio recording and give near zero latency monitoring.

Edit
To the post below
yea it seems funny that he even makes a point to mention that he has legal software....But what can you do about it other than yell at them once or twice?

TS, if you truly have a legit copy of the software you say, good for you. You are now entitled to free support over email and phone.
If you have downloaded the software and save up some money to get the real thing...
Last edited by moody07747 at Oct 25, 2008,
hmmm..you have atleast $800 bucks worth in software but dont even have a clue onto what or why you need an interface?...legal copies my as* !
I got given sonar off a friend and cubase off my college, so yer, they are legal, i wanted them as midi to begin with which i can use ok, but i didnt know about audio, i said there legal as the ones you download or whatever often have glitches in them.
Yeah, that doesn't make them legal lol. It's no concern of mine, butr I'm just telling you. I'm sure PsychomanZ will have something to say about it
There is poetry in despair.
Quote by PsychomanZ
hmmm..you have atleast $800 bucks worth in software but dont even have a clue onto what or why you need an interface?...legal copies my as* !

I don't no why you did it so here is my answer FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
Quote by muddshovel
I don't no why you did it so here is my answer FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

another thread interupted by a childs idiocy

*reported*