Hey guys,

I am looking to replace the pickups in my PRS SE. I want something a little more hot but at the same time give it a bit of a blues sound. I know Slash uses the Seymour Duncan alnico pro 2 set, but I never buy anything without asking for recommendations on here.

Thanks fellas!
Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus w/ '60s neck
Ibanez JEM 7V
Jackson SL2H Soloist
PRS Singlecut SE
Marshall JVM410h
Marshall 1960a 4x12
Line 6 Pod x3 Live
bridge pup = Duncan Custom Custom
neck pup = Duncan Alnico II Pro
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
I've got a PRS SE custom and was asking the exact same question a few weeks ago.

See if my thread helps:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=975214
You say you want something hotter. Do you mean hotter than your stock pickups, or were you just trying to say you want somethingwith simi high output?
Not taking any online orders.
Quote by ominous24
Hey guys,

I am looking to replace the pickups in my PRS SE. I want something a little more hot but at the same time give it a bit of a blues sound. I know Slash uses the Seymour Duncan alnico pro 2 set, but I never buy anything without asking for recommendations on here.

Thanks fellas!

The Alnico Pro 2's will be lower output than whatever's in there now - can you be more specific as to what you don't like about your tone now and how you want it to change?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
My issue is being a new owner of a JS1200, I became sick with the tone of the PRS. I want something in the PRS that sounds brighter and less muted as compared to the Ibanez. I am looking for a tone something like what Slash recorded on Appetite. It is possible I want something that doesn't exists, lol.
Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus w/ '60s neck
Ibanez JEM 7V
Jackson SL2H Soloist
PRS Singlecut SE
Marshall JVM410h
Marshall 1960a 4x12
Line 6 Pod x3 Live