Okay so im an intermediate-level guitarist and im looking at buying a strat...

specifically i would like to emulate a few guitarists (not exactly, but close...you know, enough to sound like them a bit if im playing one of their songs): John Frusciante, Jimi Hendrix, John Mayer, SRV mainly.

There are so many different strat models out there, its a bit hard to decide. But i would like the traditional SSS style, under $700, preferrably under $500 but that's kinda pushing it for quality...

I was thinking either the deluxe player's strat ($999 on fender.com but musician's friend has it within my price range) or the Classic Series '60s...

Any thoughts? Thanks.
both the deluxe players strat and the classic series 60's are pretty sweet

the deluxe players is more modern then the 60's. its all about preference really

the think the deluxe has scn pickups which is the same as the ones in my strat (which are ballin). but if you get classic series eventually swap out the pickups for these http://www.bareknucklepickups.co.uk/ZS-mothersmilk.html

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

just get the mexican, you'll come to about 600€
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
get the 50s strat. or if u want. import a japanees 57 from japan like i did . total came up to around 620 with the shipping.
the newer type strats have very ugly tone in my opinion. honestly, i would get either a mexican, or a very good american. the american standard's tone doesn't sound very good for the type of music you want to play. again, my opinion. don't flame me.

i got a vintage 57 reissue because i thought the tone was OUTSTANDING compared to the standard strat (which is what i was going to buy before i saw the vintage 57 reissue). i tried them both out on the same amp, same settings, etc, and the standard just sounded so whiney and modern. it didn't have that classic bluesy type tone i wanted and i am influenced by the same exact musicians as you (plus some others of the same genre).

also, what the guy said above me might not be such a bad idea either.