Basically, my amp is so loud I can't hear the backing music, and although I micd it correctly and the music throught the camera comes thru, I don't have any idea where I am in a song. Turning it down is not an option, because it is a tube amp; if I turn it down I lose distortion. I could try moving it back farther, but I need the peddle swith, and it only comes out so far. If worst comes to worst I suppose I could, but are there anny other options?
meh
Why not get yourself an attenuator for the amp?
or put the amp in a closet and cover it in a heavy fireproof blanket?
being a tube amp, dont cover it for too long or it will overheat.
Last edited by moody07747 at Oct 25, 2008,
I'm getting an attenuator, but it hasn't arrived yet.

Won't putting the amp in a closet kill the sound?
meh
If you're miking close with an SM57 or cardioid/hypercardioid mike, room acoustics won't matter much.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
Ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
Quote by muddshovel
Ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

What is your problem??
Quote by TheDriller
What is your problem??

I'll tell you little starling , this senseless man tried to test me , so i invited him to dinner and ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice glass of Chainti thread FFFFFFFFFFFFFFff aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozart's Burzum
Torrent it (: but its illegal though

Quote : From Pzcychoman Z

Dude...Just go F yourself already!

This was posted on my thread by said person .
I detest this kind of conversation . So I'm letting him no
no cursing .
Last edited by muddshovel at Nov 10, 2008,
Quote by muddshovel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozart's Burzum
Torrent it (: but its illegal though

Quote : From Pzcychoman Z

Dude...Just go F yourself already!

This was posted on my thread by said person .
I detest this kind of conversation . So I'm letting him no
no cursing .

keep your problems with a poster between yourselves and dont mess up other peoples threads when they are looking for help.

i also dont like the way Psychoman has a fit every time someone mentions cr*ck software, but i dont feel compelled to wreck up "get ta led out!"s thread, especially not with dumb movie quotes.

grow up.

on topic, i'd recommend monitoring through a set of headphones.
Yes but the cursing in my thread made me mad , I never met the young lamb .
And I feel compelled to carve his liver out .