So I play guitar for about 1 year and half and I still have my first amp which came in a beginner pack, it's a 30W Stagg, and I've been raising some money (1 grand) for a decent one this Christmas. The guys in my band think that it'll be better if I buy a Gt-10 instead because I will get a cool sound with the effects, but I think that's stupid because my shitty amp won't do anything in a gig.

So I'm asking your guys opinion, do you think it's better if I get the amp (I'm thinking on a Fender HotRod Deluxe since I'm into blues/rock n' roll) and then, if I need a particularly effect, just buy a pedal for it, or the Gt-10 will be better now?

Thanks
Get the GT-10 and a decent amp together, if you've raised £1,000. I got a GT-10 before a new amp and I barely use anything but headphones, and you could always plug the Boss into your PA when playing live.

But typically in blues, you want a nice valve amp, a good wah and a nice overdrive pedal. So get a Fender, or maybe a Vox AC30, Vox Wah and Ibanez Tubescreamer - that's my advice.
Jackson Kelly KE3 w/P-Rails; Aria Pro II TSB-350
• ZVex Fuzz Factory; DigiTech Whammy; Danelectro Fish & Chips; Marshall ED1; Fulltone OCD; DigiTech Whammy; Marshall JMP1; Boss CE3; Vox AC4TV

EMU 0404; Reason/Record; M-Audio AV40
This is just a guess, but I reckon that if you're into blues/rock n' roll, you won't use even half of what the GT-10 offers. Of course, this is just what I think.

IMO you should do what jaffawoman said... It should pretty much satisfy your needs.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
Quote by jmag
This is just a guess, but I reckon that if you're into blues/rock n' roll, you won't use even half of what the GT-10 offers. Of course, this is just what I think.

IMO you should do what jaffawoman said... It should pretty much satisfy your needs.

What things I wouldn't use if I got a GT-10?
Buy an amp and then single effect pedals. Maybe a nice wah, an overdrive and a delay pedal.
Aliadiere - sadly has more syllables than goals this season."
Setanta commentator during Newcastle-Middlesbrough. .