What the hell.. Can you guys just tell me the name of the technique when you do hammer-ons/pull-offs? I just keep forgetting it ..
WOOOWWW , DUDE........... NEVER DO THAT AGAIN!!!
Quote by DeaThrash
this or Legato

Uhhh... negative?
legato is similar to long, when you're talking about notes and the way they connect.
if that makes sense.
You would've been closer if you had said staccato, but that still wouldn't be right.
Quote by Rengori
It's not like the mods ever get mad at you for going around fucking swear filter.
Yea it's legato i meant .. Thanks.
WOOOWWW , DUDE........... NEVER DO THAT AGAIN!!!
Quote by Almost-Antix
Uhhh... negative?
legato is similar to long, when you're talking about notes and the way they connect.
if that makes sense.
You would've been closer if you had said staccato, but that still wouldn't be right.

Quote by RazorAlex93
Yea it's legato i meant .. Thanks.

...lol
Quote by Almost-Antix
Uhhh... negative?
if that makes sense.

Hammer ons/pull offs are pretty much anti staccato
Quote by RazorAlex93
What the hell.. Can you guys just tell me the name of the technique when you do hammer-ons/pull-offs? I just keep forgetting it ..
This is from the Harvard Dictionary of Music:
  • Legato [Italian]. To be played without any perceptible interruption between the notes.
  • Staccato. A manner of performance calling for a reduction of a note's duration with a rest substituted for half or more of its value. A quarter note, for example, would be reduced to perhaps a sixteenth note, followed by three sixteenth rests.
  • Tremelo [Italian]. ...(b) the rapid alternation between two notes of a chord, usually a third apart.
  • Trill [Italian trillo]. A musical ornament consisting of the rapid alternation of a given note with the diatonic second above it.

You be the judge, but in my opinion hammer-ons/pull-offs are tremelos.
All things are difficult before they are easy.
- Dr. Thomas Fuller (British physician, 1654-1734)
Quote by Freepower
For everything you need to know - gpb0216.
Quote by gpb0216
This is from the Harvard Dictionary of Music:
  • Legato [Italian]. To be played without any perceptible interruption between the notes.
  • Staccato. A manner of performance calling for a reduction of a note's duration with a rest substituted for half or more of its value. A quarter note, for example, would be reduced to perhaps a sixteenth note, followed by three sixteenth rests.
  • Tremelo [Italian]. ...(b) the rapid alternation between two notes of a chord, usually a third apart.
  • Trill [Italian trillo]. A musical ornament consisting of the rapid alternation of a given note with the diatonic second above it.

You be the judge, but in my opinion hammer-ons/pull-offs are tremelos.

Hammer ones and pull offs are almost never between chord tones, and a tremelo is generally a sustained alternation between two notes.
Quote by rollininrhythm
Hammer ones and pull offs are almost never between chord tones...
I beg your pardon? You "almost never" perform hammers/pulls between chord tones? This is news to me. Am I the only one who didn't know this?
...and a tremelo is generally a sustained alternation between two notes.
Is this not precisely what the HDM says?

Whatever.

To RazorAlex93: Call it a widget if you like.
All things are difficult before they are easy.
- Dr. Thomas Fuller (British physician, 1654-1734)
Quote by Freepower
For everything you need to know - gpb0216.