So, I'm not a theory guy, at all. So please take it easy on me

There is a site www.all-guitar-chords.com and you put in however many chords, and it will tell you what scales you can use.

That's okay, I understand. But it has such options as:

Vertical Patterns

And then what pattern.

Say I'm using an F major scale, pattern 11, what do you call this? Is it still F major?
Quote by deHufter
Of course it's still F major, only you play it around the 11th fret.

Ah, thanks. I thought it was, but like I said, I'm no theory guy