I had planned to buy a Vox AD30VT - even though 30w is overkill, the 15w doesn't come with the power level control. I figured it was worth going for the 30 so I could get the best out of the amp at lower volumes.
Today I discovered that Vox has recently released new models in the Valvetronics range : the VT series 15/30 with 50/100 to come before the end of the year.
http://www.voxamps.com/us/valvetronix/vt-series/
Looks like they have added more amp models, tweaked the effects a bit and added 8 user channels that can be set/changed saved (up from 2)
It also looks like the power level control is standard on all the models now.
So I was thinking of getting the VT15 now - the extra channels for user settings is a nice bonus, and having the power level will make it more usable for my "bedroom level" practising.
Pricewise the VT15 is about £20 more than the AD30VT, but that's no biggie.
What I'd like to know is will I "miss" the extra power (home practise only - never going to gig), and has anyone tried both amps?
(I really don't like the idea of testing out in a store if I am not going to buy from them - I think that's taking liberties)
Cheers.
The power level control really doesn't do anything. The amp is not a tube amp, therefore lowering the wattage on it should make it sound worse when you turn it up loud.

I own an AD30VT, it actually doesn't sound too bad fully cranked, but it definitely doesn't sound very inspiring, for home use only, I think the 15W should be fine, the 30W isn't enough to jam with people or play gigs with anyway.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
You should also check out the Vox DA 20.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
The power level control really doesn't do anything. The amp is not a tube amp, therefore lowering the wattage on it should make it sound worse when you turn it up loud.

I own an XL, and love it... not sure how the new VTs will sound, but this is a hybrid tube amp (and yes, it DOES have a tube in it, turning the power control down reduces the overall volume... only the sound pressure is affected, in this case) so it should still distort warmly and have that organic sound. I'll likely trade my XL in for a new VT as soon as the bigger ones come out, since it has more channels and is the best of both worlds as far as clean and dirty are concerned.
Quote by OMFUG
(and yes, it DOES have a tube in it, turning the power control down reduces the overall volume... only the sound pressure is affected, in this case) so it should still distort warmly and have that organic sound.

Just because it has one tube in it does not make it a tube amp.

The attenuator on the amplifier simply doesn't do anything that would make any sense.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
HI! I'm thinking upgrading my VOX AD to VT!
thing is VOX AD has US High gain, but I don't see it in vt model!
Is there this amp model inside?