I feel my JCM800 is too powerful, I turn the volume up to 3 and it completely drowns out my drummer (and trust me he usually beats the shit out of the drums). Its good for live gigs, but the venues I play are soo small that theres no point turning the volume past 0 (it still plays loud on 0 volume).

So, I want a smaller amp, still tube but lower wattage. Maybe 10-15 watts, also it would help if it was smaller in size too, and lighter! As I dont know anyone who drives yet xD. So maybe a 1x10 or 1x12?

I play (early)Metallica, Trivium, BFMV, KsE etc. I would like an amp that delivers a huge crunch when I palm mute, sweet tones when I start to shred, and a nice reverbed acoustic sound when I want to mellow down.

No price range, gimme a few names and I'll look em up. Going to London with my GF soon too so I should be able to try a few out.

Peace!
Randall cube 15x. alright for early metallica, Trivium and others you might want a pedal or some serious gain. It has the power squeeze feature which lets you turn the knob all the way to the right without dying, press a little button and it goes 4x louder =).

like said it's just 15x15" and its loud enough for a stage or for around 200 people with enough volume, i'd know=). ALSO, when you get the volume pretty loud, ther'es hardly any feedback at all. I bought it at a nice price of $130.
Quote by ShreddyKickflip
Randall cube 15x. alright for early metallica, Trivium and others you might want a pedal or some serious gain. It has the power squeeze feature which lets you turn the knob all the way to the right without dying, press a little button and it goes 4x louder =).

like said it's just 15x15" and its loud enough for a stage or for around 200 people with enough volume, i'd know=). ALSO, when you get the volume pretty loud, ther'es hardly any feedback at all. I bought it at a nice price of $130.

"Randall Cube 15x" "Power squeeze" "15x15"

No price range... perhaps an Orange Rocker 30? I don't think you'll find something 15w that you can play metal with that isn't solid state. Also maybe check out a Laney VC30 although I'm not sure if it will get to metal... it's a little lighter than the Rocker as well.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Last edited by Raijouta at Oct 25, 2008,
Quote by Unforgivable
my amp is heavy as hell and i hate carting it around everywhere... do attenuators cut its size in half too?
Ah, no unfortunately. Just throwing it out there.
If you like the JCM then get an attenuator for it. It'll make it useable for practice and live
If your heart's set on a new amp then maybe a Mesa/Boogie F30 would be good because it won't limit you to just practice
ohai little sig.
Orange Rocker 30. Pretty sweet, lighter than my JCM and quieter.

30 watt amps in general are pretty sweet.