I'm getting a MIM strat soon which I intend to modify, including new pickups(on a MIM you have to be crazy not to. ). Anyway, Brian May is one of my idols and I love his tone, but I had a few questions about the Burns Tri-sonic pickups he uses;

1. Where can I find some inside the US?
2. How much would they cost?
3. I've heard their larger than normal single coils. Is this true?
4. If 3 is true, could I mount them on top of it or do I have to get them to fit?
5. If I have to get them to fit, do I have to get a pickguard drilled to fit them or can I order a pickguard to fit them?
6. If there are pickguards for mounting Tri-sonics in a strat, can I again get a link?

Thanks for any help.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
I'm pretty sure the Tri-Sonic pickups will fit in Stratocasters. The ones I saw weren't bigger. They might of been a little wider though, I don't really remember.

You're not going to get a Brian May tone with his pickups. In fact, unless you have his AC30TB amps and his fingers, you probably won't sound like him.

WD music used to carry the Tri-Sonics. I don't know if they still do. Check them out online.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Hmm...well, I suppose I'll try to find a comparison image then.

I know; I prefer it that way tbh. I'm not trying to copy Brian's tone, but no matter what amp I plugged into I loved the sound of one of the signature model his company is putting out nowadays, albeit I can't afford it.

Will Do. Thanks for the advice. Just because I never try and go without a second opinion though, anyone else?

Edit; Found an image. Unfortunately it does seem I have a problem. ><

Damn metal cover making it too large. >< ...So, erm, any recommendations for regular-sized single-coils that get the tone the Tri-sonics get?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
Last edited by necrosis1193 at Oct 25, 2008,