Greetings,

I`m currently in search of a new guitar, now ofcourse I`ll have to go to music stores around my area and hear as many guitars as I can, but I do wish to have a general direction.. like 5 guitars or so I should check out instead of entire stores..

What I`m looking for is this :

First, I`m talking about an electric guitar..

-I want the frets to be big, above medium, jumbo would be excellent but med-jumbos are also fine.

-24 frets would be nice but wouldn`t matter if its 22

- whammy bar, whether its a strat style "half floating" bridge, or a floyd rose system, I would rather a simple system because I do change tunings often.
but I do want it to keep in tune even after a slight whammy abuse.

-I want it to keep in tune for a long time, my old guitar`s G string used to go out of tune every half an hour of playing..

-I would like it to be as versatile as possible.. since I play everything, if its Slayer, Megadeth and Metallica on one hand, and Dire Straitsand Pink Floyd on the other.
I do like blues quite a bit.

Thank you in advance
mayb you should have a look at a fender strat, one of the nicer ones, though it only has 21 frets you could bend i spose, it'd also be easyer for chandgein tuneing as apose to a floyd rose
How would a fender strat handle heavy metal ? and evh sounding solos ?

should I have a look on the HSS deluxe ? I forgot to tell you how much I`m willing to spend .. 1200$ is my limit.
Sounds like your after an Ibanez of some kind, something to handle Metal yet also be versatile enough to pull off lighter music.

S Series.
Quote by xirth
How would a fender strat handle heavy metal ? and evh sounding solos ?

should I have a look on the HSS deluxe ? I forgot to tell you how much I`m willing to spend .. 1200$ is my limit.

ahh well i miss read that bit, could just put emg's in if ur into that sound... though some people say they sound a bit meh , or you could do what clement wave said
I thought about the S series from Ibanez but they`re extremely hard to get where I live.. but I do consider ordering from the USA, since it would probably end up cheaper..

which models get in my price range(S Prestige ? ) ?

and what do you guys say about Cort g290 ? someone told me I should check it out along with Fender HSS Strat Deluxe.

I do care alot for a single coil esque clean sound, so maybe a splitable humbucker?
Last edited by xirth at Oct 25, 2008,
An HSS strat seems like it's right up your alley, not a huge fan of ibanezs but they are worth a look, just make sure it doesn't have a junk trem. I would avoid anything with a floyd/floating trem if you change tunings alot.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not