I was wondering. I'm thinking about buying a effects pedal but don't know how one works.
It doesn't matter how one works, it is how you use it. just plug it in, and press down the pedal hard or soft for different sounds. Just get a regular guitar cable and a nine volt battery, and plug your guitar to the pedal, then get another guitar cable, and plug the pedal to the amp, or next pedal, whichever.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
Quote by guitarmaniac88
It doesn't matter how one works, it is how you use it. just plug it in, and press down the pedal hard or soft for different sounds. Just get a regular guitar cable and a nine volt battery, and plug your guitar to the pedal, then get another guitar cable, and plug the pedal to the amp, or next pedal, whichever.

...why would that make a difference?
Quote by michal23

+1
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by michal23

Wah maybe?

and the guy was right except for that bit michal23 bolded
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
but just fyi, pedals function due to tiny music fairies working their asses off inside the casing. so, pedals are basically adorable little sweat shops!
Quote by monkeysintheday
I have trained a live tarantula to calm and sit on my guitar due to the awesome powers of my rocking. When I am not playing it angrily bounces about my room hitting everything that isn't me.

Quote by stef123

rageagainst64 you are a legend!
Quote by rageagainst64
but just fyi, pedals function due to tiny music fairies working their asses off inside the casing. so, pedals are basically adorable little sweat shops!

The sound that comes from a wah is actually the result of a piston on the end that crushes those fairies when your foot comes down and them screaming is your tone
Quote by guitardude34875
Quote by ShredGod George
The sound that comes from a wah is actually the result of a piston on the end that crushes those fairies when your foot comes down and them screaming is your tone

damn right
Quote by monkeysintheday
I have trained a live tarantula to calm and sit on my guitar due to the awesome powers of my rocking. When I am not playing it angrily bounces about my room hitting everything that isn't me.

Quote by stef123

rageagainst64 you are a legend!
Quote by rageagainst64
damn right

the fasel mods you can do to crybabys actually works like a tiny slavedriver to keep the fairies in line
Quote by guitardude34875
Quote by rageagainst64

Haha, Im new to all this electric guitar stuff I've been playing Acoustic every since I started
I was looking for something that would help give me a more AC/DC sound through a kustom dart 10 amp