Hi,

I have a Fender Stratocaster USA and I started thinking about changing the pickups for big gibson-like humbuckers (I won't lie, it's part because it would look badass and original).

I, however, know that gibson guitars have a different spacing between strings and most likely the pickups too (logically). And since I would change all my pickups for humbuckers, I believe I could not just put them in diagonal (since there would be a space problem).

Therefore, I would like to know if you guys knew of any other humbucker pickups that would fit a stratocaster (big ones because they look cool, word.) or any other idea to make gibson pickups fit on a stratocaster.

Any idea?

p.s. Don't start talking about strat sized humbuckers: I don't want that. :P
do you have 3 pickups in it now if you do why not just put humbuckers in the neck and bridge places and keep the middle the way it is?
Quote by Hypnotisation
I cannot leave this thread alone. I cannot get over the sponsored fap. Out of curiosity, can i ask how your mum decided to pay for your fapping material? Why can't you just get it free? WHY?

Quote by Jericho114
Can you suck your own dick also?
I believe that if I leave the middle the way it is, it would have much less output than the other two...

And that doesn't really helps my current problem...

And livrockdie, any chance to have that but with 3 pickups?
ok put 3 humbuckers in then
Quote by Hypnotisation
I cannot leave this thread alone. I cannot get over the sponsored fap. Out of curiosity, can i ask how your mum decided to pay for your fapping material? Why can't you just get it free? WHY?

Quote by Jericho114
Can you suck your own dick also?
Which exactly brings me back to square one: Gibson guitars does not have the same space between strings than Fenders: Same goes for pickups (I believe)
Or you could put a humbucker in the bridge, another in the neck, & that strat humbucker in the middle :P. Because I doubt you'll easily find hardware to fit in 3 humbuckers for a strat.

By the way, the name of fender string spacing for pickups is either trembuckers (for duncan) or f-spaced (dimarzio).
I love music, if music would be a girl then I'd date her, until then let's get back on Earth
imo - this is not a good idea. try 1 H in your strat 1st.

Humbuckers do not sound the same. the sound may not be at all good either. i dont think you can wire them the same way you do a strat. Just look at the Gibson hardware. you would need diff knobs, switches etc. lots of asprin for the headachs.

dont destroy what you already have - go on ebay and get a pickguard with a HH or HSS ready to go and give it a try. if you dont like it, you can sell it back on ebay.
First you'll need to buy a humbucker with different spacing. Seymour Duncan calls them trembuckers and DiMarzio calls them F-spaced so the pole pieces line up with the strings. Its not 100% necessary to do that but its better. I have a regular spaced humbucker in one of my guitars with a Floyd and its fine. Anyways, then you'll need to switch out your volume pot with a 500k one instead of the 250k Fender uses with single coils. All other wirings to my knowledge should be the same. Besides having a humbucker in the bridge in a Strat is hardly original, but it does make it more versatile.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Well, humbuckers sound like humbuckers... :P As for the wiring, it is obvious I would have to completely rewire my strat.