Yo are Black Ice and Death Magnetic any good. Are they any good I know there is Rock N' Roll Train on Black Ice and The Day that Never Comes on Death Magnetic, but are the other songs good too? plz comment and help me im a new member i like emotes anyone hav a problem wit dat
CLASS 6 RULEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i kno i joined in july but i dont kno much about this all i kno is how to post forums comment stuff and tab stuuf that is it and i kno thats not all plz reach out to a fellow guitarist
CLASS 6 RULEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wrong forum guy.
Quote by TGautier13
Because e-cred on a sub-par 4Chan knockoff forum is what everyone strives to achieve.
We believe - so we're misled
We assume - so we're played
We confide - so we're deceived
We trust - so we're betrayed
Yeah, DM is great, only a few songs I dont like. Black Ice, I've only heard a song or two, but sounds just like AC/DC always has. I liked it.
Quote by Mr.Pink101
I saw a bumper sticker in a guitar store that read
"Like all musicians, Your Following the Bassist"
I lol'd

Quote by muhat gandy
It was a weird feeling cumming to someone being ripped apart...
^^Then why are you posting if you've nothing useful to add?

The new AC/DC album is great, haven't heard all of Death Magnetic though.
Open your minds and shut your mouths.
Quote by Obituary576
^^Then why are you posting if you've nothing useful to add?
The TS asked for opinions, and he gave his f*cking opinion.

I thought Death Magnetic was crap, and I don't understand why people think it's similar to the 'old stuff'. It's really not. Haven't heard Black Ice.
Quote by TGautier13
Because e-cred on a sub-par 4Chan knockoff forum is what everyone strives to achieve.
Quote by ramm_ty
The TS asked for opinions, and he gave his f*cking opinion.

I thought Death Magnetic was crap, and I don't understand why people think it's similar to the 'old stuff'. It's really not. Haven't heard Black Ice.

I love it. It reminds me a lot like AJFA. Listen to it again and think about it. If not, oh well. No one has to like it.

oh, and, *reported* go to metallica and ac/dc threads in the bands&artists forum and look at the reviews here on UG (very top of page, 4th thing to the right)
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Quote by metal4all
I love it. It reminds me a lot like AJFA. Listen to it again and think about it. If not, oh well. No one has to like it.
That could be my problem, I didn't really like AJFA too much either.
I should probably give it another chance though.
Quote by TGautier13
I've only heard a few songs from each (haven't been able to fine either album as both are still sold out here) but from the songs I've heard, Death Magnetic is good but still nothing like Kill 'em all or Master of Puppets or ...And Justice for all. As for Black Ice, the songs I've heard are just like the usual AC/DC stuff. I was never really that big of a fan of AC/DC so I can't really say that it's good or bad, but if you like other AC/DC stuff, I'm guessing you will probably like this one.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Quote by ramm_ty

I thought Death Magnetic was crap, and I don't understand why people think it's similar to the 'old stuff'.

I just heard a song off that album today on the radio. at first I was like " this has to be new Metallica", and the singing came in and I was like " this is a horribly blatant Metallica rip off by a band with a crappy singer", then I was like " wow this is Metallica..... this sucks".

Musically I thought it sounded like Metallica ripping off early Metallica. it doesn't sound bad, but it doesn't sound genuine either. it sounds like a deliberate attempt to re-create something from the past. it sounds like Hetfield is really working on a singing, and the thing is he's a pretty crappy singer. Anyway that's my opinion, I'm sure there's people out there that think it's their best album ever. I think their early stuff was original and authentic, somewhere along the way they became caricatures.
shred is gaudy music
Last edited by GuitarMunky at Oct 25, 2008,