wwfattitude1998
402 IQ
I got an electric guitar 2 years ago and just started playing a few months ago, so I basically have my beginner equipment. My guitar is a G.W. Lyon by Washburn guitars and my amp is first act (lol). My amp settings are: Master, Gain, Overdrive button, treble, middle, and bass. My guitar has a 5-way switch (which I hate).

Actually, here's the exact one: http://www.lyonguitars.com/products/lyon-by-washburn/double-cutaway-black-electric-guitar

Anyways, the sound that I really want to get is the intro sound of Paradise City by Guns N' Roses. I love that sound.

Thanks in advance.
H4T3BR33D3R
Resident Gibson Whore
2,488 IQ
Chorus pedal + clean sound.
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Horlicks
Banned
289 IQ
You can't.
Your best bet is to boost the mids a litte, hold back on bass and use a reasonale amount of gain. Use your ears.
Eric 666
Banned
1,687 IQ
Chorus and Delay pedal with the clean channel, lots of mids, not too much bass, believe me, its the classic 80's delayed "spacey" clean.
TokaiRocker2000
563 IQ
You would have to ask Slash.
Quote by aaciseric
Theres a chav revolution brewing in my area, hopefully my personal hygiene, sobriety, long hair and GnR albums can protect me for some time.
wwfattitude1998
402 IQ
Ahh, okay.

Call me a rookie (which I very much am) but I had no idea what a chorus pedal did for the longest time. Thank you all.
Eric 666
Banned
1,687 IQ
Quote by wwfattitude1998
Ahh, okay.

Call me a rookie (which I very much am) but I had no idea what a chorus pedal did for the longest time. Thank you all.

Also, its dynamics what really make that intro what it sounds like, dont pick too hard. I like to compare it to water flowing very slowly, so try to capture Slash's dynamics.
steven seagull
not really a seagull
1,064 IQ
For that sproingy clean tone you usually want some compression.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com