It doesn't matter unless the input and output are the same as the pedal or the recomended power supply.
Quote by Trefellin
Anyone with half a brain knows that Jesus is way more metal than Satan. Lucifer was the worlds very first emo.

Quote by glowinghamster4'

i just want to let you know that made my day.

Quote by Weaponized
Solid state master race
I had the same question, but I don't know how to put the polarity setting right on my adaptor... Can anyone help me with this problem? Mail me @ heathen_pride666@hotmail.com or just send me a pm!
Thanks ^^
Gear:
ESP LTD EC-401FM STB
Ibanez AR307
Bugera Infinium 333XL
London City Bulldog
Line 6 Pod HD 300
Digitech Digiverb
Wishlist:
Pedalboard
Quote by Wicked_Bassist7
My first question is, does it matter if you don't by the power adaptor from the company that made the pedal?
Second, will this power adaptor work with this pedal

thank you in advance

It should be fine! I'e got a BOSS CE-5 Chorus and a BOSS AC ADAPTOR PSA-120T.
The Adapter output is only 200ma while the one you indicated has 300 ma (better). The Boss adapter has a positive sleeve and negative tip, so does the one you linked to....
Moving on.....
Quote by Wicked_Bassist7
My first question is, does it matter if you don't by the power adaptor from the company that made the pedal?
Second, will this power adaptor work with this pedal

thank you in advance

It should be fine, as long as the pedal doesn't require more than 300mA to operate. Most small pedals should require far less power than that to work properly, usually around 50-100 mA. The 300 mA supply won't be too much, since the pedal will use only what it needs. You do need to pay attention to whether the center pin on the power supply is positive or negative. Needed to edit here: Some pedals require + center pin, some - center pin.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Last edited by riffhog at Oct 25, 2008,
They all have a center pin. But the question is whether it is positive or negative. Usually negative, and if that's the case you should be fine with that PS.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster