Nearly finished building a new Ibanez style guitar, but I'm a bit stuck with the machineheads - They fit quite nicely into the holes on the headstock, but if you knock the guitar on anything they fall out - I tried using a bit of multi-purpose glue (metal on wood, had no idea what else to use) and they still come out quite easily.

Any ideas? I've drilled the tiny grooves so they keep in the right orientation, they just arent tight enough in the holes to stay there.
Ibanez S470 (Condor/Pyro/Warthog)
Rockafeller Custom
Laney Lionheart L20H
Framus FR212CB
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss DS-1 (Monte Allum Mod)
Boss DD-6
Electro-Harmonix Small Clone
Dunlop/MXR Phase 90 (Full Script mod)
Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2+
... did you put the washer on the top??? and screw them in??? the nut goes on the side of the headstock that the strings go on. Send a pic and I can tell you what you've done wrong.
Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
Rofl yeah dude, you thread a nut over the top of them.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Screw them in? The machine heads don't have threads, and didn't come with any nuts.

See this: http://melodymusiconline.com/images/106.jpg

But they don't have a screw hole, merely two small metal bumps that lie into the wood.
Ibanez S470 (Condor/Pyro/Warthog)
Rockafeller Custom
Laney Lionheart L20H
Framus FR212CB
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss DS-1 (Monte Allum Mod)
Boss DD-6
Electro-Harmonix Small Clone
Dunlop/MXR Phase 90 (Full Script mod)
Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2+
Quote by Phreaky
Screw them in? The machine heads don't have threads, and didn't come with any nuts.

See this: http://melodymusiconline.com/images/106.jpg

But they don't have a screw hole, merely two small metal bumps that lie into the wood.
dude, no. just .... No.

you might not see the threads, but they have to be there. if there are no holes, just bumps, that's fine. but tuners have to be afixed to the headstock. if they only have locator pegs, they must be fastened with a threaded bushing or a nut. find the washers and the bushings and USE them.

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.