Page 1 of 2
Hello everyone again!

To clear up everything from the start, this is more of an assembly then a build as i had everything pre-made, but i promise, that the next project will be by hand (possible hints in one of the photos....)

I'd like to say thanks to Otter and many other members contributing to GB&C forums who have clarified all my dumb noob questions, so here goes

Parts:
2 piece Ash body
1 Piece Maple Neck
Gold Gotoh Tuners
Gold Gotoh vintage strat bridge
Gold Jack
Black HH Pickguard
500k pots
3-way switch
Gold Neck plate
Gold String Tees
PUPS - JB in bridge, '59 in neck (need to get from local music store.. and haggle down the price)
strings - ummm d'addario reg 10's?
Custom headstock decal (using project guitar method, which will be revised since i had issues with the application of a logo on my first guitar, ill try to make a revision to their guild.)

So heres some photos to get u guys going...

Pow-Chika-Wah-Wah
Pow-Chika-Chika-Wah-wah
Last edited by Professor Fate at Oct 25, 2008,
very nice, how much is it going to cost you though? I want to do a similar build this summer nd was wondering. Also, where'd you get your neck?
i got most of my stuff from stew mac (component wise) body off ebay and the pups from a local place... total... umm should b around.. i think .. $600 USD, the neck was from stewmac too, and its a mighty mite replacement neck.. its very nice compared to a 30$ chinese made from ebay
Pow-Chika-Wah-Wah
Pow-Chika-Chika-Wah-wah
liking the work!! unfortunately, i can't be there to help you build this one because of school. keep up the good work, and keep my updated. SUBSCRIBED!
2005 MIA Fender Telecaster
Dunlop Hendrix Wah Sig.
Ibanez T-808
Fulltone OCD
Big Muff Pi w/Tone Wicker
Fulltone Mini DejaVibe
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Catalinbread Sagrado Poblano Boost
50W Kustom Defender
you sure about the pick up combo it ussualy the other way about
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000
dige bm
big muff ny
behringer dc 9 comp
member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

£8.50/58fund for a ROCKTRON HUSH SUPER C PEDAL
How'll you finish it?

I think see-thru white would be waaaaay nice.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
im doing solid white lacquer/ clear hi-gloss lacquer, similar to otter's finish ill have pics up by tonite with primer on
Pow-Chika-Wah-Wah
Pow-Chika-Chika-Wah-wah
updates

Guitar hanging in cellar w/filler

Primer coat

spoiler for next project?

Decal Progression (which color scheme should i do?)

then

and
Pow-Chika-Wah-Wah
Pow-Chika-Chika-Wah-wah
Wow man, this is looking really great.

That primer is gonna be a solid base for the rest, awesome skills.

That decal is bitchin.

I can't wait for the sg-splorer.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
lol i didnt put the decal one yet.. not too sure how im gonna do it yet (prolly print one on a full transparency and glue the whole transparency on the headstock then cut the rest off... if u use a piece ur gonna need a ton of clear coat to even out the bulge) heres the link on project guitar..

http://www.projectguitar.com/tut/logo.htm

Edit: damn otter beat me to it

ps the sg-ish build, going to the lumber yard monday! yay!
Pow-Chika-Wah-Wah
Pow-Chika-Chika-Wah-wah
I love that build honestly. It looks great and I can't wait to see it finish man.

And Thank you I've saved it, the head stock I'm getting is from a kit. I'm not sure if it's been touched before or not. [Painted or coated wise]
well the guide explains everything, but all the decals u c i made (8 copies on one page) im gonna try them all out on a blank piece of maple i have, just to c exactly how the mod podge reacts with the adhesive spray cuz the first time i did it, the adhesive managed to blur the metallic marker, so ill post a sure-fire process once i have it done, hopefully tomorrow ill get some photos of a glued decal and first color coat.
Pow-Chika-Wah-Wah
Pow-Chika-Chika-Wah-wah
Oh awesome that'd be great. If you do I'll do my best to find it tomorrow. I'm working on my way to make a my own les paul =D I'm not sure if I should post my process because it's just the kit, so I'm not sure if I should put it up or not. Especially since it's the first one.
You're so luck that you have a lumber yard!

I can find one in all of Winnipeg. A place called FinMac Lumber, who might be able to help.

Man this thing really is looking great!

Just FYI, when I buffed my guitar, I got some buffing compound from a car dealership I worked at, and put it on using a automatic car waxer thing. It worked great!
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
cool, i dont have a buffer... but i could prolly get an attachment to a drill i think i saw those around. yea the lumber yards... i yellow paged 'em, i did that like a year ago for the school project guitar (pro.fate/purple stain's build) and i found only one that has a decent selection of wood, all others where plywoods and 2x4's for costruction. but my lumber yard rips u off for work so im gonna try to get a single block and cut everything out myself...anyone say neckthru?
Pow-Chika-Wah-Wah
Pow-Chika-Chika-Wah-wah
i hope ur not talking about the strat, but yes that is the plan for the sgplorer. lol
Pow-Chika-Wah-Wah
Pow-Chika-Chika-Wah-wah
Yeah, I mean the SGplorer. (Pronounced... sigplorer?)

That would be a monstrous neck through.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Oh hey I had a question about painting but If I wanted to have my guitar professionally painted instead of me doing it, who would I take it too? [A kit i mean not an already made guitar]
A professional painter.

Maybe an autobody repair shop would do it. There might even be a luthier in your area.

Although, there is no reason to pay to get it painted. With $50, a little know how, and patience, you'll get it done and it will look like it's from the factory.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
I have no no how when it comes to painting a guitar. I've found a tutorials but since i'm only 16, my father doesn't want me to try it cause it would waste their money.

Which I can Understand. I'd do it if I could.
how does painting your guitar yourself cost less than taking it to someone to paint it, You could paint it yourself for about 1000x less in price.

And by the way ChrisL120 i am getting so sick of you in the forum. You have only been posting here for like 3 days and i've reported you twice for different things, absent mind (i think it was) has reported you, I wouldn't be suprised if you get a few warnings and may even get banned.
Who cares if you "only" 16, im 13, big whoop...
Quote by ChrisL120
I have no no how when it comes to painting a guitar. I've found a tutorials but since i'm only 16, my father doesn't want me to try it cause it would waste their money.

Which I can Understand. I'd do it if I could.

You don't need know how. You need a lesson in English.

You just point and press, easy as fapping.

If you are doing it yourself with rattle cans, it will cost about $30. Compare that to upwards of $400 for a professional to do it.

I hate it when parents don't think their kids can do things, just because they themselves can't. Just like the interwebz.

EDIT: Waste their money? Get a job.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
yea its at most 30$ with sand paper and all... 35$ if u go all out and get 2000 grit instead of 1200
Pow-Chika-Wah-Wah
Pow-Chika-Chika-Wah-wah
heres some color coat in the rough process... clear coat goes on... tomorrow this week i think..

and
Pow-Chika-Wah-Wah
Pow-Chika-Chika-Wah-wah
That looks really great man! There doesn't seem to be any orange-peel, and there are no obvious blemishes.

Great paint!
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
heres the clear coat,

and

now as u can c in the second photo, the surface (feels smooth) but looks ridgy, so is this my error, or will this become flat after sanding?
Secondly, do i sand to 2000girt now? or after 2-3 weeks curing time?

Thanks!
Pow-Chika-Wah-Wah
Pow-Chika-Chika-Wah-wah
i got a question: i got my neck (mighty mite) from stewmac, its maple/maple... looks like one piece.. and i think satin finish, do i need to add any extra fretboard finish or anything? or should be good to go as is?
Pow-Chika-Wah-Wah
Pow-Chika-Chika-Wah-wah
Quote by Professor Fate
i got a question: i got my neck (mighty mite) from stewmac, its maple/maple... looks like one piece.. and i think satin finish, do i need to add any extra fretboard finish or anything? or should be good to go as is?

It says it's finished in clear satin polyurathene.

I got a stewmac neck last year, it felt really nice right out of the packaging so I just put it right on. No problems no far. Great neck BTW.

Oh and that SG-plorer looks great.
Weekend Warrior
umm so heres lacquer dryied, need to sand to 2000 grit,buff/polish and wax.. and get pups heres photos:

njoy
Pow-Chika-Wah-Wah
Pow-Chika-Chika-Wah-wah
yes i just took this photos taking the body out of the drying room, i gotta sand, buff/polish and wax it
Pow-Chika-Wah-Wah
Pow-Chika-Chika-Wah-wah
oh okay, good stuff. get abralon pads for sanding it. 1000, 2000, 4000 grit. you can get em on ebay for about 1.00$ each, they are INCREDIBLE. just soak em in water and get the job done. they are made out of cloth so it wont "sand" your finish and screw it up.
Page 1 of 2