Page 1 of 2
i dont know or understand shit about following proffesional sports. never have. this mostly applies american football, when people start talking about stats, players seasons, teams they love/hate etc. it sounds like a foreign language to me. its always been that way really, ive made many attepts to understand what people are talking about but im usually met with "how the **** do you not know that you retard" or i just get bored of it. i mean with watching sports, what exactly are you watching, what exactly are these guys who are held as heroes to many accomplishing. in some ways i think im really missing out, i mean how can i sit with my friends, drink beer and eat chips and watch football if i have no idea what they are talking about? the closest thing i have to an exeption is hockey, i love watching hockey because theres lots of action and you dont need to know EXACTLY what happened earlier in the season to enjoy it. but i still dont follow it closley. its not playing sports either, if someone picks up a soccer game or watever ill join in and have fun and i like ultimate frisbee and basketball (even though i dont play on teams) but ive just never understood the point of watching guys make millions of dollars for playing the game they love.

tl:dr ive never understood or got the point of following professional sports
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Me neither, such a waste of time and money.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
The men get paid to much.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Same here, so no. If most of us knew anything about sports, we wouldn't be guitarists. There are exceptions of course.. like Billy Corgan.. But the rest of us don't care.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Same here, so no. If most of us knew anything about sports, we wouldn't be guitarists. There are exceptions of course.. like Billy Corgan.. But the rest of us don't care.

and kerry king, and actually pretty much all of slayer
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
4)??????
Well yeah some do take it too seriously. Which is sad, but if you got no other real interests then it becomes way too important......
I think it's possible to follow sports and music at the same time - i do. Just depends on what you like really.
I don't follow American football either but that's because I live on a different continent. I loosely follow sports but I couldn't be one of those people who are consumed by it.
Quote by metaldud536
I bet if you bring up Pokemon they'll be glad to join YOU in a conversation.

unlike 88% of all UGers im not a big pokemon fan really
The Mitch Clem formula
4)??????
i love all sports i like the rush and excitement of driving in two rbi's or making a 3rd down tackle(i play baseball pretty much 9 months out of the year) and like someone up there said the get the glory of being amazing(and you get chicks too)
Quote by Fuzzbox91
i dont know or understand shit about following proffesional sports. never have. this mostly applies american football, when people start talking about stats, players seasons, teams they love/hate etc. it sounds like a foreign language to me. its always been that way really, ive made many attepts to understand what people are talking about but im usually met with "how the **** do you not know that you retard" or i just get bored of it. i mean with watching sports, what exactly are you watching, what exactly are these guys who are held as heroes to many accomplishing. in some ways i think im really missing out, i mean how can i sit with my friends, drink beer and eat chips and watch football if i have no idea what they are talking about? the closest thing i have to an exeption is hockey, i love watching hockey because theres lots of action and you dont need to know EXACTLY what happened earlier in the season to enjoy it. but i still dont follow it closley. its not playing sports either, if someone picks up a soccer game or watever ill join in and have fun and i like ultimate frisbee and basketball (even though i dont play on teams) but ive just never understood the point of watching guys make millions of dollars for playing the game they love.

tl:dr ive never understood or got the point of following professional sports

Don't worry about it, I very much dislike watching ANY kind of sport. I'll play feckin' anything, and still do alright, I just can't stand watching stuff. It bores me. You're in the same situation I am, haha
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
I've always hated sports. It doesn't get you many friends, especially in Texas. The only sport I've ever really taken an interest in is tennis, and only playing it. I never watch it.
We've drained full confession booths, polluted drinking wells with our repentances, and then stood grinning with our arms around the shoulder of a rotting child.

If you resist change, you will be here forever.
Quote by Fuzzbox91
unlike 88% of all UGers im not a big pokemon fan really

Me too.

POKEMON ARE A LIE
Quote by Fuzzbox91
i dont know or understand shit about following proffesional sports. never have.
not a big deal. if you aren't interested, why bother?

Quote by Fuzzbox91
ive made many attepts to understand what people are talking about but im usually met with "how the **** do you not know that you retard"
dunno why you'd bother in the first place. and those people sound like dicks.

Quote by Fuzzbox91
ive never understood or got the point of following professional sports
oh, well. some people do.

to each his own.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by Fuzzbox91
unlike 95% of all UGers im not a big pokemon fan really

Fixed.
Well I'm not a fan of sports either. I know what you mean. I have a friend who is a huge Miami Dolphins fan and a fan of baseball/basketball in general. We don't usually have very interesting conversations.
There's about 10-15 minutes of actual play time in a several-hour-long baseball game. Not exactly my preferred way to spend those hours.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
I enjoy watching hockey, but have a hard time following it stats-wise, just as I have a hard time following every guitarist's list of gear and when he uses that rig and where (too busy building my own sound to plagiarize anyone elses) even though I enjoy their music. So I guess there comes a point where you have to decide what you care about most and just follow that, and tbh I don't give a crap about sports, I like playing 'em, and I like watching hockey, but I can't follow the season stats. I'm alright with hockey but beyond that it's a foreign language to me.
Quote by xaviergray
I enjoy watching hockey, but have a hard time following it stats-wise, just as I have a hard time following every guitarist's list of gear and when he uses that rig and where (too busy building my own sound to plagiarize anyone elses) even though I enjoy their music. So I guess there comes a point where you have to decide what you care about most and just follow that, and tbh I don't give a crap about sports, I like playing 'em, and I like watching hockey, but I can't follow the season stats. I'm alright with hockey but beyond that it's a foreign language to me.

i dont well depeding on teh band of course, but i enjoy doing that, because it tells you alot where their sound comes from, i love being able to guess what gear they are using based on their tone.
The Mitch Clem formula
4)??????
Quote by Fuzzbox91
i dont well depeding on teh band of course, but i enjoy doing that, because it tells you alot where their sound comes from, i love being able to guess what gear they are using based on their tone.

Same with me, I only know my favourites. But there seems to be the people who automatically know every guitarist's setup as if they spend all their free time on UG looking up this crap... But Lord knows that kind of stuff doesn't happen. It's just uncouth.
Quote by xaviergray
Same with me, I only know my favourites. But there seems to be the people who automatically know every guitarist's setup as if they spend all their free time on UG looking up this crap... But Lord knows that kind of stuff doesn't happen. It's just uncouth.

i agree it is quite uncouth of people to be doing that

with pokemon i see it like i see sports now. i used to be real into pokemon, then they got rid of Brock and replaced him wiht some douchebag i havent watched it since.
The Mitch Clem formula
4)??????
Oh, I forgot. Until I was eleven, I wanted to pursue a career in the World Wrestling Federation. Then I realized that I'd have to do some exercising, so it wasn't the career for me.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by xaviergray

RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
hm...well I follow football (soccer) quite closely. The German league (being German), the English and the Spanish league. Also Champions League, and some UEFA Cup matches...it's amazing that I can remember that the Championsleague Final in 2005 was in Istanbul between AC Milan and Liverpool FC (too bad they lost 2007 in Athens), yet I can't remember other simple every day kinds of things :P. Plus I play a lot of football games on my Xbox so that helps with player names etc.
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
I know absolutely nothing about any sports, except golf. And i hate football haha.
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
Now when people say "Congratulations, I heard you just had a baby" you can say "Thanks! It was delicious."

/#1 reason for having a kid.

PSN: YosemiteSam13
I watch baseball because I'm an Angels fan, I watch football because it is consistently exciting, and I watch tennis because I play the sport so I can admire those who play it at such a high level and I can learn from them.

Stats just facilitate arguments about who is a better player or team.
I cheer for my team and pay attention to who wins and how they play and score, but when it comes to stats i don't even bother.
This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is MINE.
stats are like a foreign language to me, when i hear people talking about them i thnk :what the **** is that and more importanty why the **** is it important?
The Mitch Clem formula
4)??????
I love sports, mainly football.
You can't "force" yourself to like it, you either do or don't.
i use to hate it but a few years ago I just got into it.
Now I love it
I do skateboarding and I love watching snooker; because every person will do it different, it really shows personailty.

I also love a GOOd played soccer match where they really fight for it, or a tennis match. Basically every match that shows motivation.

And people watch it for different reasons:

-It gives em something to talk about
-It's a good excuse to drink beer with friends
-they want to be part of something/group

I can give psychological reasons to:

- failed at the sport so u envy the ones that made it in the top leaugee.
- u feel a strong NON sexual relationship with the sportsman
- They like the hot dogs at the stadion!!

rawr have a good day!!! I'm a bit hyperrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
No big deal, it's pretty much the same with me. The only difference is I like watching the games, excluding football. I'll gladly sit down and watch the Phillies play the Cardinals, but I've got no idea who the players are, the history of the teams, or what the significance of them winning is, other than the fact that they won.
Quote by Tire Me.
Raping her in front of other people would be morally wrong.

Quote by Bubbles516
wtf290 uses make bubbles feel like crap
Its super effective!
entertainment is a good reason...
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
Two sports I love Surfing and Swimming. I only watch Surfing though.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
It's not weird, you just like something different.

I love football (soccer) probably more than music. I prefer to watch football than a band on tv, I know alot more about football, and I would prefer to take footy as a career.
Saying that, I couldn't choose between which one I enjoy doing more.
TRANSFORMICE

Page 1 of 2