Pectus Excavatum is basicly just a bone developing condition, where your ribs grow inwards, instead of growing ouwards, like normal.

ive had this condition for a while now, and it really does a beating to my self esteem, as it looks like the whole of my chest is being sucked inwards,and then my belly pops out

heres a vid of it, its not me in the vid, but i look like the dude in it (except brown :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pQwkp3itpU&feature=related

do you think it looks that bad? and do you think it would put you off someone?

im having surgery for it in a few years anyway..so that should be cool?..
i have a minor case of that but it really dosnt affect my life at the beach or anything
love is love // return to dust
i know two guys who have that, both had it fixed by surgery and look perfectly normal, and i guess the surgery wasn't that bad.
One guy I know has it. If its that much of a problem, get it fixed with surgery.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
I heard the surgery kicks your ass pretty bad for a month or so (somewhat likening to getting all your ribs broken at once)

but hey...no more self esteem issues after that
I know someone who has a chest like that but on a smaller scale, I wouldn't worry about it too much he leads a perfectly normal life with a long time girlfriend and such
DUDE! NO WAY. I had this surgery like last month.

It hurts so much. It honestly is the worst pain I've ever felt. My Epidural didn't work either so I was pretty much going retarded. It's kind of like getting all your ribs broken.

The results are dynamite though. You'd never know it was there unless someone told you.
I'm still recovering now, it takes about 3 months to get back to normal.

For the first month-ish you can barely laugh and when you sneeze you think you're dying.

PM me if you got any questions
Last edited by ShaunDiel at Oct 25, 2008,
At first when he put up his shirt, I couldn't really tell...is that in any way damaging to your organs? I hope not, and good luck with the surgery!
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
I've got it, and, honestly, after living my entire life with it, it's not worth having surgery for unless it's affecting your organs. You spend most of your time wearing a shirt anyways, right? So, don't worry about it. Honestly, if you just get comfortable with it, it can be more of a conversation piece. It also makes a good cup-holder.
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
one time i let my cat has cheezburger. i thought it was pretty funny.
Can you...you know..
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
dude, mine's the inverse of that, it sticks out at like a 45 degree angle.
Pigeon beak chest they call it i think.
mama let that boy, play some rock n roll
Quote by vanceboy
ah, well, Pl3h-B0y is the real deal, so what he says goes.

Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Cptbeefheart to join!
Name That Riff!
I knew a guy with it. He actually passed away about a month and a half ago. The pectus excavatum had nothing to do with his death, though. He had a blood clot in his lung. So this post beyond "I knew a guy with it" is pretty pointless.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
I have the opposite problem, mine grows outwards.

It is kindof fun, some kid tried to fight me and punched me in the chest and it hurt his hand pretty bad. It didn't feel too good for me either though
Quote by Mongoose87
It also makes a good cup-holder.

The disease itself doesn't look bad at all, but picturing someone holding a cup there just makes me feel uncomfortable. Don't know why.
Unless it's really effecting your self esteem in a negative way, I don't see a problem or that much of a reason to get the surgery.
Quote by Tire Me.
Raping her in front of other people would be morally wrong.

Quote by Bubbles516
wtf290 uses make bubbles feel like crap
Its super effective!
*wipes tear*

thanks alot for all the possitive posts dudes

and yeah, it looks pretty damn bad, just imagine the whole of my ribs growing inwards, not just a tiny bit at the front.
if you picture it, its like if you make a table kind of shape with your hands, the fingers being the top of the table, and the palms being the legs, if you put your fingertips down like 5 cm, thats what my chest looks like, and the way your knuckles stick out, the sides of my ribs stick out like that..

ive got the condition really bad

i havent gone swimming in 5 years..
Don't worry about looking funny. A cool person is a cool person, no matter how they look. As for relationships, I wouldn't really worry about it. If things don't go your way you will be getting the surgery in the future.

Source: I am 6'7" tall and have chicken ribs. And a hunched back. And little to no muscle definition. You just have to know how to talk to people.
If you cough to hard your ribs will break.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Nah I wouldnt say it looks bad. People MIGHT think its a little weird because not very many people have it but it doesnt look hideously ugly or anything lol. Its no biggie.
yeah man, it doesn't look very out of the ordinary to me. I don't think you should worry about it really.
If man is 5, if man is 5, if man is 5,
then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, the Devil is 6,
And if the Devil is 6,

then God is 7, then God is 7, then God is 7
This monkey's gone to heaven.
holy christ i just had my wisdom teeth removed.. but then i hear about this procedure and well my pain suddenly don't seem so bad.

best of luck you brother.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
wow theres a lot of people with this condition, a never knew anyone with this issue in person.

dude just work out a bit, have a nice six pack so your belly doesn't stand up so much

i have it and i'm ok with it, my uncle it's a doctor and he check if I would have any healthy issues ( there wasn't any ), he told me that the surgery is not worth it so I decided to stay like this

cheers man
Quote by KiLLSWiTCH-KnoT
if you picture it, its like if you make a table kind of shape with your hands, the fingers being the top of the table, and the palms being the legs, if you put your fingertips down like 5 cm, thats what my chest looks like, and the way your knuckles stick out, the sides of my ribs stick out like that..

Um...wait...how am I making a table?
Quote by Tire Me.
Raping her in front of other people would be morally wrong.

Quote by Bubbles516
wtf290 uses make bubbles feel like crap
Its super effective!