i have this old fender deluxe amp. i'm not sure how old it is. i do remember getting it when i was like 8 so that was around 95. anyways, a couple of months ago the thing craps out on me. it turns on but when you play through it, it sounds terrible and the volume stays low and cracks. i don't know if the tube is messed up and i need to replace one, or if one of the speakers cracked. also, the power light doesn't turn on. i had a friend who has this same amp and when he played it at lunch one day he noticed the light didn't turn on but the amp still worked so he figured whatever. he went to practice a bit before bed and the amp started doing the same thing. i'm not exactly what's wrong with it and i was hoping one of you guys could help me out. i really just want to get rid of it and not worry about fixing it but the guy that wants to buy it off me wants to know what's wrong with it so he knows if he can fix it or not. and what do you guys think would be a fair price for me to sell it to the guy. i know a brand new one costs about 600-700 bucks. i was thinking 250. would you guys ask for more? less?

EDIT:
one of you guys asked for some pics so here you go

http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/ee360/llcooljaimers13/amp.jpg
http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/ee360/llcooljaimers13/amp1.jpg
http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/ee360/llcooljaimers13/amp2.jpg
http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/ee360/llcooljaimers13/amp3.jpg
the arsonist had oddly shaped feet...
Last edited by stackedxactor at Oct 25, 2008,
you may want to go to fender.com and search under Support for dating an amp. Dating the year that is. Unless you are sure it was new back in '95. It might be worth more than you think if you get it fixed up. It might need new tubes and a once over. I doubt it is the speaker but you never know. The light thingy is just a burned out bulb.

If you like the sounds of Fenders then fix it up and keep it.
If you don't, then fix it up and sell it and buy something you do like.

what kind of music do you play?

search your amp on eBay and the like and see what you find.

fender is pretty good about responding to people via email so you can always email them and see what they say on approx value. Good Luck!
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
you may want to go to fender.com and search under Support for dating an amp. Dating the year that is. Unless you are sure it was new back in '95. It might be worth more than you think if you get it fixed up. It might need new tubes and a once over. I doubt it is the speaker but you never know. The light thingy is just a burned out bulb.

If you like the sounds of Fenders then fix it up and keep it.
If you don't, then fix it up and sell it and buy something you do like.

what kind of music do you play?

search your amp on eBay and the like and see what you find.

fender is pretty good about responding to people via email so you can always email them and see what they say on approx value. Good Luck!

i play a lot of different stuff from alternative to metal. but i already bought a b-52 earier in the year and this fender amp is just sitting around collecting dust. i'd rather just sell it and let the person worry about fixing it. if they want to flip it good for them but i'm not too concerned about making a lot of money on this. just getting some clutter out of my room and if i can make a few bucks in the process awesome.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
yep - sell it.

i'm just saying a tube swap and light bulb is not a big deal (assuming that is all it is) and could make the difference between $250 and $500. Cash is king.

true that...i might just go ahead and do that. i don't have any idea how to fix it though lol. how do you know if one of the tubes are messed up though? i'm looking at them now and they're not cracked. so...how do i know if it is the tubes?
Quote by The Real Ming
Any pictures of the amp?

yep i'll upload them to photobucket and provide the links
well they wouldn't be cracked necessarily or you wouldn't get any sound at all. They might be blemished with white, gray or black blemish. They may look fine, but the way you described the sound makes me think that. Search on retubing Fender Deluxe to figure out what it is going to take or bump this. Might be something else too but this is a good place to start.