I've been playing guitar on and off for 3 years now. I recently decided to start upgrading my beginner gear, so i got an Ibanez s320 and a Roland cube 20x. The roland is OK but im not getting the depth i thought i heard at the store. I chose it over the Line 6 spider iii 30, which seems to be bashed pretty bad on the forums here. I have a few days left to exchange it if i want to, any suggestions for a decent metal budget (aprox $250) sound?
vox 30vt, its a versitle amp and sounds better than the spider III . i'd say just get the roland cube though if you want to play just metal it has more distortion than the vox.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
vypyr maybe?

yea. shitload of settings for you to mess around with. about $200 and it's pretty nice.
the spider is a pretty good amp, i have one. you should probably try ti before you rule it out. and btw, you cvan get the old spider 2's for less money
after trying the cube 20 for a few days, its been pretty good except for that fierce distortion power chord sound which is lost.. its just too clear a sound (which is bad in this case). is a marshall mg15cdr any good?
Quote by anthonynajjar
after trying the cube 20 for a few days, its been pretty good except for that fierce distortion power chord sound which is lost.. its just too clear a sound (which is bad in this case). is a marshall mg15cdr any good?

no the cube is much better. good amp for metal. if you can save up more you could look at bugera amps, possibly buying used?
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
if you didnt like the spider then youll hate the vypyr, try it out anyways see what you think, if your into metal, then its your kind of amp.
other than that i got to say look into craigslist and look for a used flextone, id also say look at valvekings , but they got alot of reliability issues its not even funny.
definately buy used if you want more than your money worth, really look into a flextone if your a metal player, not that it will only cover metal but, its really damn good onboard distortion this amp carries.

http://cgi.ebay.com/LINE6-FLEXTONE-II-XL-2x50-WATT-STEREO-AMPLIFIER-LINE-6_W0QQitemZ390001076109QQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

copy and paste.

if this is anything like a flextone 3 then youll be mighty happy.