Im looking at replacing the EMG 81/60 in my guitar for some Passive Seymour Duncans probably a JB and '59, what i want to know is it possible to do it? may seem like a noobish question but i really have no idea. any info appreciated!
My Rig:
Jackson DK2M
Modified Jackson
Gibson SG
70's Style Fender Strat (Mexican)
Peavey 6505+ Head
Peavey 6505 Cab
Piece of S**t Line 6 Spider
Yes it's possible. You will need to replace the volume & tone pots and the input jack as well as the pickups. Actives use 25 pots and passive humbuckers use 500k pots. Active pickups use a stereo input jack which the battery hooks to to power the pickups when the guitar is plugged in. You could use the stereo jack (wired for mono) but if you're gonna sell the EMG's the person that buys them will need the stereo jack to install them in their guitar.