So I woke up today - the first day of 9 days off - and needed to find myself something to do. Building a pedalboard seemed as good a thing to do as any. Seeing as I've never built anything in my life from scratch I thought I'd share.

I took a trip down to a local hardware store and got some wood & screws and then into Wilkinsons for black spray paint, gaffer tape and some velcro.

£23.89 and a few hours later... BAM!

----

The basic idea and measurements on paper.

The initial pieces of cut MDF.

The 'riser' struts attached.

All the MDF parts attached.

The first coat of spray paint.

After a light sand down and second coat of spray paint.

Added strips of gaffer tape around the edges for some extra protection.

After sticking on the velcro and setting my pedals on it.

----

That's it for now but I'm gonna stick some rubber feet from a Crybaby wah pedal to the bottom that I have bought on eBay.

Pretty damn happy with the outcome!
Last edited by ChrisN at Oct 25, 2008,
pics don't work
2005 MIA Fender Telecaster
Dunlop Hendrix Wah Sig.
Ibanez T-808
Fulltone OCD
Big Muff Pi w/Tone Wicker
Fulltone Mini DejaVibe
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Catalinbread Sagrado Poblano Boost
50W Kustom Defender
That's pretty sweet. Did you do it all in one day? Cause if so I applaud you
X
That's sweet man! I like the multi level, makes it easyer to fit more pedals on. I wouldn't like to lug this around on stage, but still a great build
^^ Started at about 11, finished about 5.30; includes waiting for paint to dry too... and waiting for the rain to stop so I could do the spraying outside!

----

^ It's actually pretty light atm! It won't be that way when I've filled those empty spaces though
Quote by ChrisN
^^ Started at about 11, finished about 5.30; includes waiting for paint to dry too... and waiting for the rain to stop so I could do the spraying outside!

----

^ It's actually pretty light atm! It won't be that way when I've filled those empty spaces though

Aha

If you could make some kind of case for it, or buy a flightcase and mod it out then this would be one of the best pedal boards I've seen

And only about £24! I've seen pedal boards for £100 + and they were no where near as cool as this one
Nice! I recently built a pedal board, but it's only a single layer. It has carpet though. :P

It was a fun time though, and it probably only cost $20 or so.
Saint Louis Blues
Quote by ChrisN

I'm just going to go right ahead and assume you're from Britain.

But I proberly wouldn't have the attention span for something like this, so kudos to you.
X
24 pounds is like $44 dollars right?

either way looks damn good so good i might just steal the idea latter on when i get enough pedals to need a board lol
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
looks good, i wanted to make one of these but then i spent all my money on my guitar projects
I don't use a wah atm. I've already taken it in to consideration though and decided i'd prefer to have it separate from the board.