Poll: Which do you prefer...
Poll Options
View poll results: Which do you prefer...
MacBook White
7 44%
New MacBook
9 56%
Voters: 16.
My old MacBook is pretty much retired and I ordered another white one about a month ago and it never came through, but when I talked with apple they said that I never bought it, and my credit card agreed... I noticed that there's a new MacBook out, and I need the pit's opinion: Should I get the white Macbook with for $1400 in configuration with 250 gb hard drive and 4gb of ram, or should i get the new one for ~$1500 with less specs, but more features...

http://www.apple.com/macbook/
http://www.apple.com/macbook/white/
ADVERTISING SPACE FOR SALE!
I don't charge much...

If you don't click this , you'll die :/
Quote by Preid
Cant believe the prices they're charging for Mac's nowadays.

trust me, they are well worth the price...
ADVERTISING SPACE FOR SALE!
I don't charge much...

If you don't click this , you'll die :/
I don't think Vs threads are allowed, but...get a PC. With windows, cause everyone loves windows. Why do you think it's called WINdows?
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Get the one with the better specs.
Seriously though, Macs are well overpriced for what you get.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
It doesn't look that different from the one I bought a few months ago. Just more expensive and with a slightly better graphics card.
*Shrug*
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
I met a guy who works at an Apple Store and he told me that the thin aluminium ones are crap, because they are too thin. Half of them are returned after a month because the screen broke. I'm not into Mac though, so I don't know if these are the ones you're talking about.
Comes with Cool License.

I have a PC.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by boxerb
Someone explain to me why macs are worth the extra $$

Because there's nearly no additional software an unexperienced user could install, so they're more reliable.

Everyone who says Windows is unstable just doesn't know what he is doing/installing. Obviously your computer is going to crash sometimes if you got 30 open source programs installed..
Quote by Primus2112
I don't think Vs threads are allowed, but...get a PC. With windows, cause everyone loves windows. Why do you think it's called WINdows?

Because it's so frustrating it makes you want to throw it out of the window?

Anyway, TS, do you really need to pay extra for the new MacBook, or was your old MacBook good enough? There's no point in paying a ridiculous amount of money for something you're never going to use, so it's probably more useful for you to get a new White rather than a New MacBook.
Jackson Kelly KE3 w/P-Rails; Aria Pro II TSB-350
• ZVex Fuzz Factory; DigiTech Whammy; Danelectro Fish & Chips; Marshall ED1; Fulltone OCD; DigiTech Whammy; Marshall JMP1; Boss CE3; Vox AC4TV

EMU 0404; Reason/Record; M-Audio AV40
Quote by Kamikaze21
Because there's nearly no additional software an unexperienced user could install, so they're more reliable.

Everyone who says Windows is unstable just doesn't know what he is doing/installing. Obviously your computer is going to crash sometimes if you got 30 open source programs installed..

Slow down Jethro, you obviously haven't used Linux before have you?

I think the new MacBook's alright, but I'm still waiting for them to add 2 more goddamn motherfucking USB ports and an SD card port. Is it that fucking hard?
Quote by boxerb
Someone explain to me why macs are worth the extra $$

The ability to be an elitist and because they "look cool"
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
It was always my assumption that macs were for PC-retarded people. It really isn't that hard to use windows...at all