I was wondering what would be a good setup/amp settings for a Metallica tone using Amplitube Metal. Cause I have no skill with making tones, and all the ones I've tried sound the same. It's really hard for me to get a satisfactory tone. Help?
find some kind of mesa boogie rectifier model and kill all the mids

...isn't there some kind of online database of user's settings for all those guitar programs?
Quote by seljer
find some kind of mesa boogie rectifier model and kill all the mids

...isn't there some kind of online database of user's settings for all those guitar programs?

I don't know about that: with the Mesa models you might wanna up the mids instead of scooping them like Metallica did with their Marshalls.

EDIT: this might be of help. http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/Features/how-to-capture-james-hetfield/
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Last edited by aznrockerdude at Oct 25, 2008,
cut your mids to shit
Quote by its_alive
rich_sg, I promote you to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. of the Pit. way to speak your opinion.

Quote by ErnieBallfists
RICH_SG you are a filthy person for accusing me of dirty trolling , you are a stiff coconut
Quote by seljer

there's the ultimate settings thread, but not exaclty an universal database. some guys dont even say what amps they are using.

also, i would choose guitar rig over amplitube metal, or even amplitube. the metal edition is pretty poor.

and also#2: if you want to have a Kill em all-ride the lightning tone, choose a marshall model with a booster (KEA used a 1959SLP with a proco rat, in RTL, a JMP2203 was used along with a TS-9). from master of puppets and on, mesa boogie amps were used (MarkIIC+ in MOP, and Mesa boogie preamps/poweramps for AJFA and black album)
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
my experience with amp modelling software has only ever been bad experience..

Kick it old school and mic up your amp..
Gibson Les Paul Custom Black Beauty
Tokai LC53 Les Paul Custom
Tokai ALS48 Love Rock Les Paul Standard
Marshall DSL-50 Head
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Quote by ldnovelo
there's the ultimate settings thread, but not exaclty an universal database. some guys dont even say what amps they are using.

also, i would choose guitar rig over amplitube metal, or even amplitube. the metal edition is pretty poor.
Yeah but I couldn't get Guitar Rig 3 to work properly, it kept saying I had a pirated copy when I didn't
Quote by Pat_s1t
Yeah but I couldn't get Guitar Rig 3 to work properly, it kept saying I had a pirated copy when I didn't

Yeah, I believe you

Ask in riffs and recordings, or look up some rigs on Guitar Geek.