Hey everyone, I'm new here and have a quick question. I bought a Jackson Randy Rhoads guitar from a guy I contacted via Craig's List and was wondering what model it is. It has a 9 digit serial on the plate under the neck on the back; 9740003. I've read several things related to this number as to the manufacturing site of the guitar. It has dual humbuckers, a volume knob, a three way switch and no tone knobs. A few people have said it wasn't the best guitar because it didn't have the tone knobs, doesn't matter to me as it's a simple drill a hole and get better pickups fix, and basically I'm just wondering if this is on the low end or high end for a Jackson. It plays and sounds great though. A very terrible picture is in my profile if any can help, I'd really appreciate it!
if youre buying a new guitar, but putting extra control knobs on it and adding new pickups, you might as well do that to a cheaper model, or buy one that you want.
Quote by ginjaninja
if youre buying a new guitar, but putting extra control knobs on it and adding new pickups, you might as well do that to a cheaper model, or buy one that you want.

That completely missed the point. I'm just trying to figure out what model the guitar is, because I already bought it, as the post says. The thing about the tone knobs was a caveat to let people know that it is void of them.
how much did it cost? does it say profesional on the headstock? does it say performer?
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Quote by ldnovelo
how much did it cost? does it say profesional on the headstock? does it say performer?

I got the guitar and the form-fitted Jackson case for $200. It says Jackson on the headstock and that's all. I'm wondering if it's a nicely done replica or what it is exactly. This image is huge, but this is it: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/27/Jackson_Randy_Rhoads_JS20-1.jpg
well, that looks like an old pro series jackson. something like the RR3. htey are mid end guitars. however, the pickups on the RR3 are Duncans, so that leaves me doubting. But it soesnt matter. if you are happy with it, just let it be whatever it is.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Works for me, thanks a lot! Just wanted to be sure I didn't get ripped off. Then again, $200 for a case and guitar of any brand is pretty good. It doesn't have any damage, save for the plastic knob cover falls off the switch, and minor rust on one of the screws on the floyd rose tremolo.
Quote by zh137dz
Hey everyone, I'm new here and have a quick question. I bought a Jackson Randy Rhoads guitar from a guy I contacted via Craig's List and was wondering what model it is. It has a 9 digit serial on the plate under the neck on the back; 9740003. I've read several things related to this number as to the manufacturing site of the guitar. It has dual humbuckers, a volume knob, a three way switch and no tone knobs. A few people have said it wasn't the best guitar because it didn't have the tone knobs, doesn't matter to me as it's a simple drill a hole and get better pickups fix, and basically I'm just wondering if this is on the low end or high end for a Jackson. It plays and sounds great though. A very terrible picture is in my profile if any can help, I'd really appreciate it!
that number looks totally wrong according to this:

http://www.jacksonguitars.com/resources/serialnumbers.php
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
that guitar rocks

believe me

thar's all you need to know
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
Quote by Sudaka
that guitar rocks

believe me

thar's all you need to know

Oh, I know! The smooth jumbo frets have so much sustain, even before I messed with the pickups. I've been thinking about replacing them with a known brand since I can't verify what these are.