So I'm going to be getting a new amp soon to replace my crappy Frontman 15G. I have my choices narrowed down, based on opinions and reviews, to the Roland MicroCube and the Cube 20x.

I'm really fairly new to guitar. I've been playing for a little over a year and just got my first electric last month for my birthday. It's a Squier Affinity Strat.

My favorite styles of music are blues, country, and classic rock.

So, which one of these amps is better? Suggestions are also very much appreciated. My budget is under $200 US.

Thanks!
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
i would look at vox valvetronix, because the cube has more models based on high gain stuff, while the Valvetronix amps have a larger variety. try them. and dont get a valvetronix XL.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
The Micro Cube.

It's the one with all of the modeling that people like the Cube series for.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
definately dont get a cube and buy a valvetronix, or a epi VJ.
oh and change out the pickups on your guitar.
Quote by THEKID546

Lol well that's improvment number 1 on my baby. Once I have the funds I plan on puting in some Texas Specials. Then replacing the neck. Then the bridge.

The thing with the amp is that I want something that has good tone for what I want to play, but is also versatile enough to at least sound decent with other genres/styles. So is the valvetronix the best I can do for this? Or the Epi? The reason I thought of the 20x is because it has a tube overdrive setting. Perfect for blues rock

EDIT: I think what I'll do is take a list to GC when I finally have the funds for the amp and try them out. See which one I like best. Good call?
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Last edited by Natrone at Oct 25, 2008,
the overdrive sounds that a cube make are good but when compared to a valvetronix for blues, or the tone isnt there, the valetronix some how manages to get a glimmer of that tube glassy sound with there 12AX7, it dosent sound close to tubes, but its a slight improvement.
i have both amps and i feel i can say that, for blues youll love the UK80's(JCM800)
and the fender models.
Quote by THEKID546
definately dont get a cube and buy a valvetronix, or a epi VJ.

There's absolutely no point changing pickups
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
^then you havent played a crappy squier my friend, or must be one of those every guitar sounds the same trough a digital amp kind of guy.
the Valvetronix has a lot of modeling things. from clean, to a bit crunchy, to classic rock dist, to high gain stuff.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

Quote by THEKID546
^then you havent played a crappy squier my friend, or must be one of those every guitar sounds the same trough a digital amp kind of guy.

he isnt. he is a very prominent UGER and good advide giver(and i dont fap over him). changing the pickups on a squier (along with the neck and brige) makes no sense. why not just buy a better guitar? lets see.

warmoth neck (only necks that are worth it)                          160 USD
texas specials                 -                                     190 USD
wilkinson tremolo (best bridge upgrade IMO, apart from blockiing it)  50 USD
money payed for installing all this (or the tools to do it)           50 USD
guitar                                                               100 USD            
                                                     in total, it is 550 USD, and for a POS

you can get a deluxe roadhouse strat for 600 USD with texas specials, a nicer neck, better alder than the squier, a nice trem, better sound and sustain. and is just 50 dollars more. plus, if you ask for extra things, you might get free strings, a strap, some picks, cables and a gig bag (i got that for a $650 guitar, so you can get it too with a $600 guitar). and, most guitars sound the same through digital amps. there's even pickup modeling on some-
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

Last edited by ldnovelo at Oct 25, 2008,
So by the sounds of it I think the Vox would be the best call unless i just randomly find something at GC I like better. So how much do they usually run? I've got a few applications out but as of this moment I don't have a job, so my budget is extrememly limited.
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray