Hello, i have big fingers which on a normal fretboard sometimes spludges out the notes underneath/ above.
I know before I asked for a bc rich, but now im open to absolutely anything that is known to have a bigger fretboard.

Some of you may say go and try some, but most of the ones available to me i did not like.

Any suggestions?
Carvin custom shop actually has options for larger fret boards on both length and width. They're expensive guitars but they play really nice, I just wouldn't get anything with a Wilkinson tremolo as they tend to not stay in tune very well.
Quote by BackDoorEntry
Hello, i have big fingers which on a normal fretboard sometimes spludges out the notes underneath/ above.
I know before I asked for a bc rich, but now im open to absolutely anything that is known to have a bigger fretboard.

Some of you may say go and try some, but most of the ones available to me i did not like.

Any suggestions?

The only way you are going to find a guitar you like is by TRYING IT OUT.

While we can make some suggestions, it is all about trying the guitar out and getting a feel for it.

What exactly are you looking for? Something with a Whammy Bar? How about Humbucker setups? SHH, HHH, HHS?

I have big fingers as well and was frustrated too. But in the end I realized that as long as you practice on the instrument you will learn how to get around the problem of having bigger fingers.

You could try a Les Paul. They are always comfortable and have nice jumbo frets.

Point in case: You are just going to have to take the time and research the guitars.
Quote by koikomoru
The only way you are going to find a guitar you like is by TRYING IT OUT.

While we can make some suggestions, it is all about trying the guitar out and getting a feel for it.

What exactly are you looking for? Something with a Whammy Bar? How about Humbucker setups? SHH, HHH, HHS?

I have big fingers as well and was frustrated too. But in the end I realized that as long as you practice on the instrument you will learn how to get around the problem of having bigger fingers.

You could try a Les Paul. They are always comfortable and have nice jumbo frets.

Point in case: You are just going to have to take the time and research the guitars.

Hmm i guess so, i was hoping for an easy way out (being the noob that i am)
For those asking how big, its big to the extent i usually have to bend the string im playing away from another active string to get a clear sound.

By the way, ive only been playing for a short while, is this normal (the finger thing)
There's nothing wrong with your hands, you're just suffering from a severe case of noobitis..lots and lots of practice is the only cure.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Sad But False
long or wide?

both

EDIT - oh, u meant his fingers...my bad...
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Quote by steven seagull
There's nothing wrong with your hands, you're just suffering from a severe case of noobitis..lots and lots of practice is the only cure.

+1 Very common and treatable with the right antihistamines.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9imuLRcCEI&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1O8583qFV_U&feature=related
this shows you have hope, because
1. he has THE chubbiest fingers that I have ever seen
2. he's legally blind
3. he's playing a pretty normal guitar.
you can manage.
just practice, like Mr. Hiland did.
I can't stand watching people waste their money on horrible gear.
Quote by BackDoorEntry
Holy sh*t is that for real?

Note carefully the language: he is legally blind.

He actually has perfectly fine sight with both eyes but is legally blind because he has a condition where he can't always control exactly when or where his eyes move. He is still awesome though, buy his album!
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by tallaxegrinder
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9imuLRcCEI&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1O8583qFV_U&feature=related
this shows you have hope, because
1. he has THE chubbiest fingers that I have ever seen
2. he's legally blind
3. he's playing a pretty normal guitar.
you can manage.
just practice, like Mr. Hiland did.

Someone showed this to me when I complained that my fingers were too big for the Cmaj and Amaj chord, and I realized I just need to practice more.

Moral of the story: if that guy can do it, then you can sure as hell can do it.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
Fender Highway One Stratocaster, got jumbo frets.
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Dunlop Crybaby Wah GCB-95
Quote by Tomo J O
Fender Highway One Stratocaster, got jumbo frets.

You do realize that's fret height and nothing else, right?

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Sure do. Helped a friend who had "fat fingers" stopped his fingers catching some of the strings, typically in the Cmaj chord.
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Quote by Tomo J O
Sure do. Helped a friend who had "fat fingers" stopped his fingers catching some of the strings, typically in the Cmaj chord.

Well that doesn't make any sense at all...I say it was practice but whatever, that's not a debate for here.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
I agree. Don't hold back lol, im pretty sure it was all in his head. Nice guitar either way.
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Scalloped frets ftw?
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Quote by Deep*Kick
Scalloped frets ftw?

Again, won't help.

The only cure for this problem is a big dose of practice followed by a course of solid practice with some practice supplements to make sure it works.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.