I will soon be buying the bugera 6262 all tube and have considered micing the amp to get some good recordings as I have gown tired of my toneport GX and its digital sound. I dont intend on spending much,was looking at this mic

http://www.dv247.com/invt/24631/

what else would i need to connect to the pc?
Gear:
ESP ltd MH-1000
Jackson DK2T
Bugera 6262-212
Roland Cube 30X

I Was at Download 07/08/09/10 Because I'm not a Cheap Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!
You will want an audio interface, you can get one for around $150 these days which is dirt cheap. A PreSonus Inspire for $200 new would be a better choice IMO as it has better preamps and converters on board. IF you have Windows XP go with the Mackie Onyx Satellite.

For a mic you cant go wrong with the Shure SM57 which is a killer deal at just $100.

You will think that's a ton of money but once you get into recording gear, nothing is "Cheap"...

You can run a mic into the Toneport GX but you need an adapter and it;s still going though the cheap instrument preamp in that unit... I suggest a new interface...

Cheap mics like the one you are looking at will distort at low volumes which a tube amp normally puts out. The SM57 would be a better choice IMO.
one of those little mic stands for micin' amps, a proper cable or two

the rest depends on what your recording with
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
if it isa mono mic(which it looks like by the price) then all you need is a xlr-quarter inch.... then buy a quarter inch adapter to 3.5mmcompatible with computer... although if its stereo your gonna need xlr-quarter inch-some interface(with phantom power-to power mic) then a quarter inch-quarter inch running from the interface...2 a another quarter inch-3.5mm for the comp
please dont get that mic to record with, you will be very unsatisfied. i agree with moody, you cant go wrong starting out recording with an SM57
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.
Get an SM57, a good inexpensive XLR-XLR cable, and a USB interface (even something like this MXL will work well). It can be less than $150 total.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
Last edited by Fast_Fingers at Oct 25, 2008,