What guitar shops are in the Toronto, Ontario area? I know about Long and McQuade, Cosmo Music, and Steve's Music.

Which one do you like best (does not have to be the one mentioned above, as long as the guitar shop is in the Toronto area)? I personally like Steve's Music more than L&M and Cosmo.
I think there is a Mother's Music in Toronto.

That shop is always good here, not sure how it is elsewhere.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
LA Music

best shop ive been to. Cheaper than L&M or Steve's, but not as friendly. Its on Lakeshore
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
Steve's on Queen Street is amazing. They sell the real shit, none of that crappy beginner gear.

LA Music on Lakeshore isn't really in Toronto, it's in Port Credit, pretty close to Hurontario. It's a pretty good place too.

I like Long and McQuade myself, and the only location thats close to my place is on Rathburn near Mississauga City Centre.
Steve's is the shit, dude. Best music store in Toronto, IMO. Really large variety of stuff. The L&M has Fenders and Gibsons, and that's about it.
Quote by TGautier13
Because e-cred on a sub-par 4Chan knockoff forum is what everyone strives to achieve.
We believe - so we're misled
We assume - so we're played
We confide - so we're deceived
We trust - so we're betrayed
Steve's really is the best guitar shop with out a doubt... I live in London, and I even know about how awesome Steve's is. Its also just down the street from that like amazing rock bar that I can't remember the name of. But ya Steve's is where its at
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.

When the fuck did we get ice cream?
Quote by Phillitalian
LA Music

best shop ive been to. Cheaper than L&M or Steve's, but not as friendly. Its on Lakeshore

The one time I went to LA Music, they were pretty friendly...

but that was probably because I was the only customer in the store
I used to like Songbird Music, but they went bankrupt earlier this year.

Steve's is best store in tdot, imo.
Quote by Bill43

I wouldn't know an Opeth song from an Egg McMuffin
I love Steve's as well. It's amazing. I can spend hours in there. Then I feel like crying cause I'm too poor to afford anything.

I don't know how this happened, but I somehow got put on the mailing list for an annual private sale for music instructors at Long and McQuade's... I think it's cause I went to a sale with my old high school music teacher a few years ago. It's a pretty good store as well.. but I've only shopped for sheet music and woodwind stuff.

There's Kaos music at bloor and royal york... they're ok I guess. I've only bought strings there and their sheet music selection isn't as great.
Quote by Phillitalian
LA Music

I do like a place that's friendly, but it's not essential because when I go to a guitar shop I already know what I'm looking for so I don't really need any help.
from finch, take the subway straight around union to osgoode, get off at osgoode and walk westbound, its like a ten minute walk west of osgoode, just before spadina

as for cool music stores, i like metro sound and music on younge between college and wellesley, these guys are not above beating any price you see at steve's or L&M by 10%, plus they aare the most convenient guitar shop for me to walk to and they tend to have some nice gear, except no esps
Quote by fishmunky
from finch, take the subway straight around union to osgoode, get off at osgoode and walk westbound, its like a ten minute walk west of osgoode, just before spadina

as for cool music stores, i like metro sound and music on younge between college and wellesley, these guys are not above beating any price you see at steve's or L&M by 10%, plus they aare the most convenient guitar shop for me to walk to and they tend to have some nice gear, except no esps

Alright thanks for the help.
Steve's is pretty ace, but the Cosmo at Elgin Mills and Leslie (not too far off from where I am - and it's a shame they had to close down the one at yonge and 16th. that was such a convenient location for me) is pretty sweet too. I've got a friend that works in warehousing there.
Steve's is the best and it's the closest one to me that sells new ESP's.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

,___,
[¬.¬]
/)__)
-"--"-

Quote by FishCream
Stop Performing Meathook Sodomy On Yourself
Quote by Camm

LA Music on Lakeshore isn't really in Toronto, it's in Port Credit, pretty close to Hurontario. It's a pretty good place too.

I like Long and McQuade myself, and the only location thats close to my place is on Rathburn near Mississauga City Centre.

Been there, it's ok I guess.
Quote by Trefellin
Been there, it's ok I guess.

How do you compare it to Steve's?
Steve's is my favourite. I'm not a huge fan of L&M, I don't really like their guitar department. Capsul Music is really good for vintage everything, except they choose not to carry left handed instruments (which is completely retarded), so they are useless to me (and the staff isn't too pleasant). But you can find some really beautiful guitars there.
Quote by Unledded
How do you compare it to Steve's?

Never been to Steve's. I'll see if I can look it up right now though.
I go to cosmo music, or the arts, but that one is in newmarket, worth checking out if you get up there, the guys at cosmo know their stuff, bought a used esp off them.
12th fret is a great store for vintage electrics and very nice acoustics, look it up im not sure of the location but id highly reccomend it
what is the music theory and what does it teach you, like scales, solos, and to build speed???

Check out my recordings