Anyone done this? Know how much money you need, how hard it is to get on and things like that?

EDIT: European student exchange program thing, not the damn philospher
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
I thought this was gonna be a mashup or Erasure and The Rasmus.

Way to get my hopes up.
Yes
all the erasumus students I know in my dorm just drink and party
I don't think theres any actual studying involving

i've been trying to figure out how to get in on the drinking and partying but the websites are hell to understand
You speak of course of Desiderius Erasmus, the Northern Renaissance humanist?
Quote by NGD1313
Yes, my mom walked in on me getting my carrot skinned.

So I freaked out and flipped the vegetable tray.

There was ranch everywhere.

Quote by zwound
Win

Quote by __Pent__

^^Too bad I can't do this in real life
I'm thinking of doing this too. I start uni next year, then the year after would be my year away - I'm doing Classics, so would hopefully be going to Greece or Rome, and to do so I'd have to do the appropriate language for my first year. That's all I know.

"The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society"
my bro did it, he couldnt speek a word of french and the other kid could speek fluent english
I came back from an erasmus year a few months ago.
Wasn't particularly hard to apply for the grant itself and whatnot, just talk to your erasmus coordinator. The only requirements they asked is that I had completed my first year of study and came back with enough ECTS so it would be considered "educational".
How much money you need depends on the country you are going to, obviously norway is going to be more expensive than poland. The good thing is that you won't have to pay tuition fee, so you just pay for the lodging and food/partying. Keep in mind that if you get a furnished room via the university you are likely to pay through the nose compared with if you would for a room by yourself. You will still end up paying more than if you would've stayed where you are too, you go out far more often and do more things in your spare time.
Hey, I'm doing erasmus next semester too so feel free to ask any questions...

I'm still waiting for the international affairs to establish protocol with some Romanian university, cause I didn't get the scholarship and it seems the cost of life there is pretty accessible...
Quote by ledhead67
Dammit, satyphan, you just shat over all my hopes and dreams.
I've known quite a few people do it. Not my bag but they seem to have a good time. I don't think it's particularly expensive from what I've heard.
cool, i may well take you up on that satyphaan