Has anyone else lost their passion for playing guitar at some point in their life? for the last week i have lost complete interest in my guitar, has anyone had this happen to em?
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Fender Hot Rod Devile 4x12

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
buy some new gear

it'll kickstrat it right back up
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Quote by SquierLolz
buy some new gear

i wud, but i just bought a gibson les paul jr a few weeks back
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
Happens to everyone eventually, leave it for a few days then just stick on a CD and jam along, it'll come back eventually..
Quote by dandadog
Happens to everyone eventually, leave it for a few days then just stick on a CD and jam along, it'll come back eventually..

i hope so, at the moment im only interested in my bass ...
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
Frequently...it happens to everyone, there's a lot of other crap that goes on in life.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
yeah, I'm like that right now. I've started playing piano again instead of guitar. Fiddle around with a different instrument, or just give it a break for a while. Try playing a different style too.
Maybe go to a live concert, try to jam with a friend, etc. There are a lot of things you can do. But it's not bad to just take a break. You'll want to play again soon.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
bummer...

I had it too, you just need to do some fun things with the guitar, put the theory classas aside for a week and go shopping together, or organise a picknick or something, or perhaps go to the movies together. maybe you'll get lucky;-)

ok, now for real, just set new goals, jam with some friends, learn new interesting stuff like jazz and so on... I had it too, I guess everything has its ups and downs:-)

cheer up
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
Quote by Artemis Entreri
yeah, I'm like that right now. I've started playing piano again instead of guitar. Fiddle around with a different instrument, or just give it a break for a while. Try playing a different style too.
Maybe go to a live concert, try to jam with a friend, etc. There are a lot of things you can do. But it's not bad to just take a break. You'll want to play again soon.

how long? cuz i really miss my guitar but when i play it ... its boring
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
Ive been playing for nealy 3 years, never happend to me yet.

Learn something new, listen to some new bands and learn there stuff
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
well one time when me and my girlfriend broke up, i felt i had no need to play guitar, and i felt like throwing all of my gear out of a window...
what im getting to, is that its all emotional...at least thats how it is for me. It was only with that particular girfriend too...that was the only time i felt like that. So if your thinking about quitting, reflect on what has happened to you recently.
Quote by stratdud39
well one time when me and my girlfriend broke up, i felt i had no need to play guitar, and i felt like throwing all of my gear out of a window...
what im getting to, is that its all emotional...at least thats how it is for me. It was only with that particular girfriend too...that was the only time i felt like that. So if your thinking about quitting, reflect on what has happened to you recently.

exactly this ...

so, what got your interest back?
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
Quote by GangsterLi
exactly this ...

so, what got your interest back?

Well, I was only serious about this for maybe a day, while i was still feeling like sh!T, i gained back the interest of playing the guitar. I just thought for a while and convinced myself it was stupid to go to such extremes, and if i DID throw my gear out the window, I would feel even worse.
I started playing some dramatic type of music, not as in sappy, but like, seriously emotional. I was playing metallica, and i was listening to how he kept saying he watched his mother die. So i felt like i he had it WAY WAY WAY worse than me.
I think its different for all different people though. Just start thinking about your situation, you'll come up with something.
Quote by stratdud39
Well, I was only serious about this for maybe a day, while i was still feeling like sh!T, i gained back the interest of playing the guitar. I just thought for a while and convinced myself it was stupid to go to such extremes, and if i DID throw my gear out the window, I would feel even worse.
I started playing some dramatic type of music, not as in sappy, but like, seriously emotional. I was playing metallica, and i was listening to how he kept saying he watched his mother die. So i felt like i he had it WAY WAY WAY worse than me.
I think its different for all different people though. Just start thinking about your situation, you'll come up with something.

seriously? he watched his mother die?
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
Quote by GangsterLi
seriously? he watched his mother die?

His mother and father died of cancer when he was i think 16. They were christian scientists, so they didn't treat there cancer at all, they just prayed that they would get better. So yeah, its freaking screwed up.
Quote by stratdud39
His mother and father died of cancer when he was i think 16. They were christian scientists, so they didn't treat there cancer at all, they just prayed that they would get better. So yeah, its freaking screwed up.

damn ... i never knew that, feel well sorry for him now :S
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
Quote by GangsterLi
Has anyone else lost their passion for playing guitar at some point in their life? for the last week i have lost complete interest in my guitar, has anyone had this happen to em?

The best possible way to rekindle your guitar-drive is to go see a show of a band you like. Once you see your heroes shredding on stage and having a great time it will inspire you to do the same.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Yeah, I'm on it right now.
Since my amp has been broken for several months, and i haven't really had time to learn to songs for my acoustic, I've been kind of bored. Luckily, I just a new amp so I'll be able to toy with it and my two pedals I've never used.
Also, try getting some friends together and forming a band. It can get boring if all you do is practice, but playing with other people and trying to use what you know to make up songs and just jam can make it fun again. THen maybe you guys can figure out songs to learn together, too.

If you're already back into it, though, then congrats. I just got a new distortion pedal, so I'm going real good. And I have a new amp coming this week. Upgrading your gear really makes you want to play more
JOIN A BAND.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
I've been playing for about 6/7 years and have never once lost any of my passion for the instrument through good and bad times.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
yea, for like a week or 2 i didnt enjoy it anymore but i listned to shreddy stuff and got it back
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
Yeah, so I switched to bass.
Every week I'll alternate, so they both stay fresh.
GHOST BLOWJOB!
WHOOO! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Yeah, i'm at the point right now too. I just don't really have any intrest in playing right now, i'm not sure why. I've even thought about selling all of my gear for paintball stuff.
Gear:
Ibanez GSR200FM
Ibanez SW35 amp

Jackson JS30RR
Cheap fender amp

Getting a better guitar amp after christmas.

Quote by SquierLolz
buy some new gear

misspelling or clever pun?

in any case that happens to me once in a while too. Buy new picks. Lots of different kinds. refinish your guitar?
Вяєҭҭ
ZeGuitarist's sister is hawt.
?)
Quote by Dudage
The best possible way to rekindle your guitar-drive is to go see a show of a band you like. Once you see your heroes shredding on stage and having a great time it will inspire you to do the same.

thanks man, im seeing kill hannah next thurs and acdc in april ... so heres hoping
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
It's hard to keep with an instrument if you're not creating music yourself, or part of a band which gives you purpose for playing the guitar.

So;
- Start writing songs
And/Or
- Join a band

As for the breaking up with a girlfriend thing, this can be used for a good emotional/music outlet.

The last time I broke up, when I came home I literally walked straight to my room and wrote this sweet song called "**** You Honey". I'm playing it with my band soon - it sounds really good. So something good did come from that.

Now I can only hope she never hears the song
stop playing guitar for like a week , i swear u will be hungry to play on it again.
I have had this before! I find watching videos of some awesome guitarist play kickstarts your interest again
Quote by LiBam
...depends ... I sound sh*t nd i'm James Hetfield!

- This is why we Love Ultimate Guitar
when this happens to me i usually play another instrument for a little while or watch a video of one of my favorite guitarists. even just listening to some of the great guitar music i love can help.
STuck in a rut. Happens too everyone, Especially the ones that love music the most. You didn't lost the passion but even the best relationships have arguments wheter it's family friends or music or w/e you feel close related to.

It would be unhealthy if u didn't lost interest. Cause losing it means YOU REALLY CARE about it. Other wise you would go like ah okey then I won't play for a week, instead of posting about it.

The fact that ur bummed about it tells ur passion already.

Maybe you hate it for a day maybe a week;But you will like it again I bet u 50 bucks on that

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Oct 26, 2008,
Quote by Ribcage
misspelling or clever pun?

in any case that happens to me once in a while too. Buy new picks. Lots of different kinds. refinish your guitar?

It was a missspeling but to save my honour i'll go with pun!

Also Buy some fun pedals
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Quote by dbl93100
scan your itunes library. find a kick ass song. and learn it. it'll be fun and kickass and you'll wanna keep playing it.

That's what I do. I pick a song I really like but that I think is to difficult for me, I practice it for a while and realise I can do it and keep on practicing and end up having fun, improving and have the desire to improve even more.
Gear :
Epiphone G400
Schecter Hellraiser C1 FR
Peavey Vypyr 30.

Please excuse my lack of proper spelling and grammar, english isn't my first language.
It happens to everyone sooner or later. If you need to, take a break for awhile then plunge back into it.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
It usually happens when I realize I play the same stuff over and over.

It usually starts back up when I read music theory or something and need to practice some stuffs.

My Rig ;D
Ibanez RG550XX 20th Anniversary
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Crate V50-112 (Modded)
Roland Micro Cube
Lovepedal Purple Plexi 800
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Ibanez TS-9
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
EVERYONE GOES THROUGH IT just randomly play shit and forget all theory for a few hours
BLUE
RED
YELLOW
i just put channels like scuzz on and come across a song i like, then go and learn it and practice it. Works for me every time.
DISTRACTION