I was thinking of buying one, but the cheapest i could find is $999. I know this is pretty cheap considered that most people who play it say it should be $1500, but i was just wondering if anyone knows anywhere that's selling them for any cheaper than that?
Here's a link if you need to know what it looks like.

http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-SCE-SYNYSTERCST-LIST?SRC=D0501PG0HAMS0000&utm_source=pricegrabber&utm_medium=feed

Thanks for any help
Sometimes life sh*ts on you. All you can do is wipe and move on.
the custom is $999 but you can get the standard for $699 i believe.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
thanks, but i heard that the custom has a better sound quality. is it worth it?
neither of them are worth it IMO. for $1000 i'd get a used sg standard, but thats just me. there's much to be had with a price range like that, take another look around. if you're after that shape check out the hellraiser avenger, unless you're after a floyd then take a look at the c-1 series.
idk how long it would take me to save up $1000, seeing as i don't have a job, and im only 15, so considering those circumstances, you guys think i should i get the custom or standard?
Quote by spizike231
idk how long it would take me to save up $1000, seeing as i don't have a job, and im only 15, so considering those circumstances, you guys think i should i get the custom or standard?

neither. get your self a nice mid range guitar like an ibanez or an ltd or something. what genres are you planning on playing and what features are you looking for ?
I'm in the same boat as you... I'm saving that bit extra for the white custom. The Original FR and the Invaders do it for me. ^_^
Quote by mikeyElite
neither of them are worth it IMO. for $1000 i'd get a used sg standard, but thats just me. there's much to be had with a price range like that, take another look around. if you're after that shape check out the hellraiser avenger, unless you're after a floyd then take a look at the c-1 series.

the only hellraiser avenger with a floyd rose is a prototype. they are not available to the general public.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Quote by Necrophagist777
the only hellraiser avenger with a floyd rose is a prototype. they are not available to the general public.

i never said anything about an avenger with a floyd.
Quote by mikeyElite
i never said anything about an avenger with a floyd.

I know, i'm just letting the ts know that, because if he wants a synyster custom it's safe to assume he wants a guitar with a trem.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
yeah if your looking for a good metal guitar for less than 1000, look at some schecters or esp's or Ibanez. you cant go wrong
Peavy Cirrus 5 string
Squire Jazz bass
Berhinger ultrabass head, 450 cabinet
Resident Marvel Comic expert of the Bass Militia, PM Dinkydaisy to join
]My band's myspace
http://www.myspace.com/jenovamusicpage
'I was thinking of buying one, but the cheapest i could find is $999. I know this is pretty cheap considered that most people who play it say it should be $1500, but i was just wondering if anyone knows anywhere that's selling them for any cheaper than that?'

That was the original question, if anyone knows where they're being sold cheaper... how come everyone is answering with 'get an Ibanez/ESP/SG/whatever'?
I thought that syn used HB-108 which are based on the invaders but not actual invaders.....
Quote by Ichimaru
Pics? I can tell if someone has AIDS just by looking.

Quote by xHuffyx
BTW, what's metal and full of holes?

Dimebag Darrell.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
how come everyone is answering with 'get an Ibanez/ESP/SG/whatever'?

Because for that price range you can get a much better guitar from those company's
Quote by Ichimaru
Pics? I can tell if someone has AIDS just by looking.

Quote by xHuffyx
BTW, what's metal and full of holes?

Dimebag Darrell.
Quote by Washburnd Fretz
Why spend so much for someone else's guitar?

Because Syn is one of my idols and having his guitar would show it. Plus i love A7X.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
'I was thinking of buying one, but the cheapest i could find is $999. I know this is pretty cheap considered that most people who play it say it should be $1500, but i was just wondering if anyone knows anywhere that's selling them for any cheaper than that?'

That was the original question, if anyone knows where they're being sold cheaper... how come everyone is answering with 'get an Ibanez/ESP/SG/whatever'?

That's what i was thinking... I don't want any other brand. I want a schecter synyster custom/standard. whichever for cheaper than their net price. Does anyone know a site to get it at?
Quote by spizike231
I was thinking of buying one, but the cheapest i could find is $999. I know this is pretty cheap considered that most people who play it say it should be $1500, but i was just wondering if anyone knows anywhere that's selling them for any cheaper than that?
Here's a link if you need to know what it looks like.

http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-SCE-SYNYSTERCST-LIST?SRC=D0501PG0HAMS0000&utm_source=pricegrabber&utm_medium=feed

Thanks for any help

guitar center sells one that is like 699. the only diff is the pickups i think
The Standard is usually $699, the Custom $999 (In black, an extra $50 for the white one). The Custom has Invader pickups and an Original Floyd Rose, the Standard has Duncan Designed pickups and a licensed Floyd Rose. The custom has coil taps, not sure if the standard does or if it doesn't.

Look on eBay too, last time I looked there was a few on there. There was a perfect condition used Custom for about $400US the other day with about an hour to go, I don't know how much it went for.
Just bought a new black Custom on eBay Australia for $1130AUD, with a case included... Merry Christmas to me ^_^
you should get the custom one.
better pick-ups are worth it.
I think the 999 price tag is the cheapest for the custom though.
Don't bump ancient threads, especially if they're in the wrong forum!
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com