I'm putting together the tracks for a CD of all original songs and I was wondering. How many love songs should fit into one CD. I'm thinking about havin 12 or 14 songs so kinda base the number off that. I write a lot of love songs, and some of my best pieces are love songs but I don't want to make the CD one huge Sap-Fest
Quote by Ponyexpress
Grammar Nazis scare the living crap out of me mainly because I'm half Jewish

MY SONGS:
[thread="985311"]A Love/Hate Relationship[/thread]
[thread="985301"](All) I Can See[/thread]
[thread="983897"]My Heart is a Hand Grenade[/thread]
depends on who your target listen audience is...... on a death metal album....probably not
depends what kind of love songs... if they're all slow and sappy, then about 2 or 3. if theres some upbeat ones mixed in, prolly 5
I don't know how you can really put a bunch of love songs.... on a cd... and not classify it as a love song cd.... if love songs are what you write best... then focus on that
Total Failure

If every dream is a wish, then to dream of zombies is to wish for an appetite without responsibility
But if its called "Rockstar729 - The Love Album", I'd say put on 12-14

This is a lie...no reason why...right from the outset
It depends on your other music, eh?
A samurai once asked Zen Master Hakuin where he would go after he died. Hakuin answered 'How am I supposed to know?'
'How do you not know? You're a Zen master!' exclaimed the samurai.
'Yes, but not a dead one,' Hakuin answered.
How much material do you have in total?
What is your target demographic?
What kind of feel do you want to give your album?
I agree, it really depends on your target audience. But stay true to yourself to. Ultimately, it's up to you. As much as absolutely HATE (do not even get me started) author Stephanie Meyer, she once said that there will be people upset with whatever decision you make. So you just have to be true to yourself.

Even if her books suck, she was right about that.

Do what you feel is right.
"Normal people are so hostile."
-Dexter Morgan
It's pretty much a Powerpop, Punk Rock CD. And I write a LOT of love songs because there's a LOT of material from my life to use. And is Stephanie Meyers that chick who writes the "Twilight" series? But thanx for the advice.
Quote by Ponyexpress

MY SONGS:
Sorry about double posting, but targeted towards teens and something that people my age can relate to. (I'm 14) and I actually write fairly deep lyrics. Not that made-for-radio shit like the Jonas Brothers do. Check my songs out in my signature.
Quote by Ponyexpress

MY SONGS:
"Layla and other assorted love songs" anyone,

You can put as many as you want its your album. By the way you sound like your trying to be mature and your 14, try having a good look at yourself and keep your emotions in check.

and your song links don't work.
If it were me. One. And it would have to be a pretty kickass love song, it's just what you expect to hear everytime you turn on the radio.
Sig is fixed Dale_kerigan
Quote by Ponyexpress

MY SONGS:
Quote by XacrossXwatersX
I agree, it really depends on your target audience. But stay true to yourself to. Ultimately, it's up to you. As much as absolutely HATE (do not even get me started) author Stephanie Meyer, she once said that there will be people upset with whatever decision you make. So you just have to be true to yourself.

Even if her books suck, she was right about that.

Do what you feel is right.

Breaking Dawn owns.

Also, it definitely depends on your target audience.
Regardless of the number of love songs (mostly good advice in this thread... you can pick it out, I expect....), I'll just add that 12-14 songs is too much. Keep it at ten. Two reasons:
1. If you get an unbiased listener to assess your 12-14 songs, you'll find that at least 2-4 of them would be, by most people, considered to be filler. Just put your best stuff on. Don't put extra stuff on just because you can.
2. If you DO have 12-14 great songs, that means that you already have a start on your next CD with 2-4 great songs that you haven't released yet.

I'll moderate this by suggesting that it does also depend on song length. Most CDs clock in at about 40-45 minutes... give or take. If your songs are all 2-3 minutes, then you may well want more songs.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
I don't see any problem in doing an entire album on the same theme - Rage Against The Machine do it for a living
At the other end of the scale, 'Songs About Jane' by Maroon 5 was a massive hit and is basically a collection of catchy pop love songs about the singer's ex.

So just make sure there's no 'filler' and that all your songs have some kind of purpose or point behind them. What you put on the album, beyond that, is up to you.