Page 1 of 3
So, in our media class we were doing a project on music genres. Our teacher (who is one of those Jazz elitist guys that think that metal is just a bunch of radom noise) put in Headbangers Journey the movie (which I seen 4 times and still love it). I swear to god! that I have never seen so much ignorance in my life. All I kept hear from these stupid kids were "what crap music" and the famous mocking of the vocals. Throughtout most of the movie I got was being called oreo (I'm black BTW) and other stuff. I really wanted to defend Metal but everytime I would, my race would be questioned. I really really hate urban kids.

Discuss your opinions on this topic.
Quote by Graveworm
So, in our media class we were doing a project on music genres. Our teacher (who is one of those Jazz elitist guys that think that metal is just a bunch of radom noise) put in Headbangers Journey the movie (which I seen 4 times and still love it). I swear to god! that I have never seen so much ignorance in my life. All I kept hear from these stupid kids were "what crap music" and the famous mocking of the vocals. Throughtout most of the movie I got was being called oreo (I'm black BTW) and other stuff. I really wanted to defend Metal but everytime I would, my race would be questioned. I really really hate urban kids.

Discuss your opinions on this topic.

highschool kids are stupid

/thread
Get a caucasioplasty. Or show them a picture of Tom Morello. Option 2 is less permanent to your skin and is cheaper.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
I'm an urban kid and metal is my life.

do you still really really hate me ?
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Wait, wait, wait.

You're black?

Anyway, I'm sure that you can report them to someone or something if they're making racist remarks.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Well what kind of music do they listen to?
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
Quote by wolfy808
Well what kind of music do they listen to?

Souja boy and that other shit.
I don't know.
im so tired of the phrase" you know what? you are the whitest black guy ive ever met!"
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by Graveworm
Our teacher (who is one of those Jazz elitist guys that think that metal is just a bunch of radom noise)

Quote by Graveworm
I don't know.

Nicely done.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Graveworm
I don't know.

Urban kids think your music=Sh*t
You think their music=Sh*t
Because
What you think of their music=What they think of your music
You=Urban kid

It goes both ways dude. I'm black, I listen to metal, and I get it all the time (it doesn't help that I skateboard, but meh), so just suck it up and get used to it.
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
Quote by agreth_3rd
Take a step back. It's pretty easy to see why people don't understand metal.

yeah. i love metal, but i'd say it's hardly the most likeable of all genres.
ok walk through your school playin soulja boy screamo by i set my friends on fire, but like sum1 might try to beat u up, or just tell people to be a rapper the only thing u need is to have a grade 3 reading level and a speech impedament.
I think the real issue here is that people who don't like the same music as you were saying they don't like it for one period, and it bothered you enough that you're complaining to us.
People aren't going to go for the same things you do.
Quote by Tire Me.
Raping her in front of other people would be morally wrong.

Quote by Bubbles516
wtf290 uses make bubbles feel like crap
Its super effective!
Absolutely. Because everyone who lives in the city categorizes people's musical tastes based on irrelevant criteria like race.

How ignorant.
woah your black!!!!cool,sue them for racism and may ask,how many of them look like this??

Quote by RU Experienced?
I like staring at girls' boobs and seeing how long it takes them to say something and what their reaction is. It's win-win-win

Quote by darkstar2466
I once saw two snails fuck. It was pretty damn cool.
Quote by agreth_3rd
What a hypocrite! It's OK to bash Soulja Boy but not metal?

Well no shit. Metal is actually music.
Quote by Mishakr
Absolutely. Because everyone who lives in the city categorizes people's musical tastes based on irrelevant criteria like race.

How ignorant.

good point and nice avatar!
Quote by Gmurcielago14
Well no shit. Metal is actually music.

To classify anything as "music" is an entirely subjective judgment. There is no bad or good music, only sound that you enjoy and sound that you do not. Live and let live.
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are bruises from fighting. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
Funky Muthafucka Of The Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 To Join.
UG Irish Clan-Póg mo thóin
Quote by Caustic
Beast Within, you're awesome.
im tired of elitist ****tards like you complaining how other people dislike the music you listen to, and then talking shit about the music they listen to. people have different opinions, and they like to express them.

stfu nig.
Quote by justen23
I made fun of the national guard in front of some kid that was in it. He tried to kill me but failed just like they always do.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
Haha, ass herpes.
tell on them.. then start a fight on them, with ure mates, against these puny white kids.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by Sicko 21X7
im so tired of the phrase" you know what? you are the whitest black guy ive ever met!"

i hate that shit, and of course what they mean by being white is: Thinking, being intellectual, not being arrogant, not bragging about things youve never even done.

its usually the same people that are stupid enough to think that being black= being ignorant and violent
and that showing pride in your race means hating everyone thats not you
and the stereotypes forcefed to people by BET and MTV (****'em all i hope they burn) show people at a young age the image they have to live up to. meanwhile ignorant racist white people see this and think it represents all black people. in otherwords the mainstream media helps keep this steaming pile of bullshit we now know as modern society alive. law wise we have come very far since the 1960s, but socially we have barley done anything. It all went to shit after one of the greatest men to ever step to a podium was shot in 1968.

sorry to rant but this is a subject im pretty firey on.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Hang on, so a teacher allowed racism to go on in his classroom? I mean, musical elitism is one thing, but that's just wrong.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
OK to people bashing TS for his "hypocrisy" all ts said was that his teacher was an elitist he never actually said that he himself WASNT a metal elitist.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
If they are white they must be right.
Who gave you permission to go to school with white kids anyway????

j/k (I'm black)
Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high

At me:
Quote by Sweaty Balls
You're retarded, thats what you are.

Quote by Insanitydenied
Saddest Story of the Week. You win this thread.

1+1= ME
DID I JUST BLOW YOUR MIND?
at my school people are afraid of the metal heads, and we like it that way. Stop worrying what they think. Metal chicks > dumb cheerleader sluts
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
I feel sorry for u about the racism TS, but seriously metal elitists piss me off.
I like metal quite a bit (well im not into death or black metal, but I love thrash and NWOBHM type stuff), but cmon everyone can admit that its hardly easy listening.

"Oh but its soo musically brilliant and techincally difficult", well fvck that doesn't mean its good. And whining about how all these kids nowadays don't know shit about music, well maybe they don't, but that doesn't mean they can't appreciate music they like. It's like all art, to me the Mona Lisa is a pile of shit even though it's a "great" work of art. Metal is the same for some people.

Art is so subjective anyone complaining about someone elses taste should be shot.

EDIT: and to the people complaining about the soulja boy lyrics (I hate him btw), you can't exactly say metal lyrics are better. Im sure some might be deeper, but alot of it is either fantasy, satanist bullshit; mystical, pretentious claptrap and generally shit people can't relate too (note: some of my favorite bands sing about these topics, doesn't stop me liking them).

Few metal bands have lyrics that I enjoy on a personal level(off the top of my head, metallica, megadeths serious lyrics, a select few iron maiden songs, pantera lyrics, a few more).
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
Last edited by Mechanixx at Oct 25, 2008,
Quote by master
haha oreo...never heard that before. I'm saving that for future use.

Really? o.0
I hear it at least twice a week.
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
Don't let that crap get to you. I get sh.it all the time for being an Indian guitarist.

Besides my guitar teacher is black and hes a huge Pantera fan

http://earlsguitar.com/styles.html

They're idiots for thinking race is a boundary for musical tastes, let alone anything.
Jazz is like metal, but more metaller.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Page 1 of 3