When I switch to my bridge pickup on my axe, i get like a wierd blowing noise, like you get when your talkin to someone on the phone and they kinda breathe on the mic part.
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
it think ur pups not properly grounded
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
Quote by Virtuoso883
Better check your amp for midget assasins

edit: i like your video

thanks much

and not funny

Well this just happened, it's worked fine except for now. What do i do?
^lmao

Is it just when you switch? You probably just need a new pickup selector. What kind of guitar do you have?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by stradivari310
^lmao

Is it just when you switch? You probably just need a new pickup selector. What kind of guitar do you have?

No it's whenever I'm using my bridge pickup.

Its a Washburn WG-208, doubt you know of it.
can you play and it's just like a popping sound when you switch or is it all you can hear?
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
Quote by JWD32792
can you play and it's just like a popping sound when you switch or is it all you can hear?

Ya i can play and everything, it's not when you switch it makes a popping sound, its just whenever I'm using my bridge, there's a blowing sound. Whenever I stop playing you really hear it, and there's a slight buzz as well
Quote by nightraven
most likely not grounded properly. how high is the pickup? (how close is it to the strings compared to the other pickups?)

Well its the same as its always been.

and how do I ground it? am I gonna need a soldering iron?
Hmm...so when ya stop playin ya hear it more noticably?

I could be wrong but...it might be that your amp is too close to the guitar. Try movin your amp back.

However, if that doesn't solve the problem, stop playin immediately. (I know it's torture, man; but I got no amp atm for my electric, I'm fixin the neck on my acoustic [that will take a few months], and I'm waitin for new strings for my Ukulele. Also, my main electric is bein borrowed by a friend. So, don't complain bout your 1 guitar; I got several instrumental problems, man. Sorry, I jus had to rant momentarily.) Then, take your axe (bring your amp too, man) and go to the local guitar store. Tell the repairman wat's been goin on. Ask if you can plug into one of their amps to see if it's the pickup or if it was your amp. Then, when you guys have figured it all out, leave it with the repairman and come back in prolly 3 days or so to pick it up. It'll prolly sound better than ever!

Edit: Before you start soldering stuff, figure out wat the problem is. And if you're unfamaliar with soldering, don't do it yourself. You could potentially burn yourself or solder it wrong.
Well you can check to see if it's grounded, that may be the problem. If you have a tremolo, look back to where the springs are and there should be a wire coming out of the body and connecting to something, if the wire is loose it probably just needs to be soldered back on. Did this start happening over time or did you hit your guitar up against something or what?
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
could it be that its an active pickup and i need to replace batteries? I opened up the back and discovered a battery that I had never known was there haha. (I've never opened this guitar)

edit: ok I think I found the grounding wire, it's connected the metal piece with the springs on it, on the back. But it's not connected to anything else. did it fall off or what
Last edited by RabbidWolf at Oct 25, 2008,
Quote by nightraven
lol!

i think you've found your problem

may be both