When you get one with like a hole in the middle, do you take the whole skin off? I do because it gets annoying
Point of thread?
No, I just leave it on and it sort of heals itself.
And then it gets ripped again.
Quote by Baby Joel
Point of thread?

+1

But I never seem to get those. I replace my strings before I start gettin those kinda callouses. Cuz I stand it when my strings feel like they need to be replaced to me.
[quote="But I never seem to get those. I replace my strings before I start gettin those kinda callouses. Cuz I stand it when my strings feel like they need to be replaced to me.[/QUOTE"]

Uh.. I play with same strings for awhile and they actually feel softer as i keep playing them. When i change strings, that's when i get more callouses.

The point is that i wanted to know if peeling it off is bad, or if everyone does it.
Quote by 1337guitarplayr
Uh.. I play with same strings for awhile and they actually feel softer as i keep playing them. When i change strings, that's when i get more callouses.

The point is that i wanted to know if peeling it off is bad, or if everyone does it.

If the skin is dead, peel away! Don't go too far or it will take a long time to heal though.
Try leaving it on though, because your fingers will get sore quickly if you peel skin all the time.
I don't peel mine at all. Makes my hands nice and hard. You can't even hurt the tips of my right hand's fingers lol.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
I used to peel my callouses when they were hard. They're now soft, but I don't feel any pain, so i guess it's finally fully developed.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Quote by captivate
I used to peel my callouses when they were hard. They're now soft, but I don't feel any pain, so i guess it's finally fully developed.

That happened to me too, my callouses used to be super hard, but now they're soft and it doesn't hurt. And it's not cause I've played less, I've played a lot more actually.
Gear:
Godin Freeway Classic
Ibanez Concord Acoustic
Roland Cube 30x
Zoom G2