Well, generally I'd say that Washburns are better quality than a brand I've never even heard of. But idk, man. Both of these companies seem to make copies of Gibsons, imho.

Tho, I do think the PAFs in the Tokai would sound better than the Washburn company made pickups. I tend to trust pickups that have an established reputation over pickups I know nothin bout. PAFs have been known as great pickups for like 50 years; Washburns...eh...they're kinda an unknown for me.

So, I'd go with the Tokai cuz of the PAFs personally. Jus keep in mind that cuz somethin costs more doesn't mean it's better quality. It's really up to you; wat do you want in an instrument. I mean, do you wanna pay $300 or $900? Think bout it, I guess.
My Washburn WI^4 plays as well as any guitar I have played. Pickups aren't that great, but for $150 you can redo that and are left with an awesome guitar for under $500
The washburn Idol is a players guitar. It has the single cut body but with some revision to make it a better player. Tokai is a good quality gibson copy.

Honestly, if you're looking for an excellent $500 gibson copy, get an Agile. If you're looking for a great singlecut guitar, I'd go with Washburn.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
the one you linked is probably a korean one, which isn't as good as the older brother.

Nope, the LS 48's are made in China now
The washburn Idol is a players guitar. It has the single cut body but with some revision to make it a better player. Tokai is a good quality gibson copy.

Honestly, if you're looking for an excellent $500 gibson copy, get an Agile. If you're looking for a great singlecut guitar, I'd go with Washburn.

Not in UK, you won't get it for $500... maybe 500pounds?

I'd probably hit up the Washburn personally, but either guitar seems alright.
why are you getting the vintage version? , it costs alot more than the normal one an its the same thing just beat up

anyways i have the wi64 and its very comfortable and it sounds pretty good
Generally Japanese quality will be better than Korean, China, or Indonesia. However, that's not saying that you can't find a good latter three guitar. My Korean guitars are very nice.
I've got an Indonesian made X50 pro and it's brilliant.
Try looking for a WI200 Pro, they're real cheap (at least where I am) and they've got Seymour Duncan pups and Grover tuners.
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
Quote by bfloyd6969
Generally Japanese quality will be better than Korean, China, or Indonesia. However, that's not saying that you can't find a good latter three guitar. My Korean guitars are very nice.

Korean guitars, if prices at over £250 (around $500) are normally great value, as they have a high quality of construction, but a relatively inexpensive price.

American = Japanese > High Korean (£300+) > Mexican > Low Korean > everything else made in Asia, etc.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by Gregoric
I've got an Indonesian made X50 pro and it's brilliant.
Try looking for a WI200 Pro, they're real cheap (at least where I am) and they've got Seymour Duncan pups and Grover tuners.

The one he posted has Grover Tuners also
Quote by im_bored
why are you getting the vintage version? , it costs alot more than the normal one an its the same thing just beat up

anyways i have the wi64 and its very comfortable and it sounds pretty good

I love the look of the Vintage. :P

Originally Posted by MESAexplorer The washburn Idol is a players guitar. It has the single cut body but with some revision to make it a better player. Tokai is a good quality gibson copy. Honestly, if you're looking for an excellent $500 gibson copy, get an Agile. If you're looking for a great singlecut guitar, I'd go with Washburn.

I don't want a Gibson copy, I just want a guitar that works for my style. Coincidentally enough, that's what Gibsons are. :/
They don't sell Agile in UK.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Try to play them in a shop. We can't tell you what YOU would like best. Just play them, check out how they feel, how the neck suits your hands, etc...
Washburn X50 PROFE
Dean Custom 450
Morley PWA Pro Series Wah
Big Muff Rams head
Zoom G2
Ibanez Phase Tone
Randall RG75 G3

Tales of Ale: http://www.talesofale.com
Quote by eurotrashed
The one he posted has Grover Tuners also

My mistake
Gear n Shizz: