I just chipped my guitar on the headstock, and I'm feeling terrible about it i saved up for months to afford it, and now it has a rather large chunk of paint missing and i just feel bad picking it up now is there any way of fixing it if i find where the chip went?

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Not that I can think of. I did that as well to my best guitar, but now I like it tbh. Then again, I'm the kind of guy who would buy a relic'd axe.

Really the best you can do is cover it with something I guess.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
I've banged a shit load of guitars around and never chipped one of them, wierd eh?
Well, you could always glue the paint chip back on, but it'd still look terrible. I mean, short of stripping all the paint and repainting the whole headstock, you really can't do much. I sucks I know. (I got several of those type of chips on my axe's body; they're so ugly, man.) But ya can't do much. Sorry, man.
Quote by SomePoorDude
I've banged a shit load of guitars around and never chipped one of them, wierd eh?

You're one lucky dude!

But seriously, stop, you're abusin the axes!
My mate glued a chip that he knocked off his guitar back on with wood glue, not noticable unless your told its there, but really, chipsd otn bother me. I like my guitar to look used and loved. I dont plan on selling of them, so it doesnt matter to me.
don't put a sticker on your guitar, you'll regret it inna few years.

It makes your guitar more your own. You should see the bottom of my strat, it's destroyed. it looks cool. makes you look like a seasoned guitarist.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Quote by 1337guitarplayr
Put like a cool sticker on it

Hahaha.

Do this.

--------------------------------------
I'd cry if I took a big chunk out of my Godin, I just love it too much!
Gear:
Godin Freeway Classic
Ibanez Concord Acoustic
Roland Cube 30x
Zoom G2
oh crap man it sucks when that happens, but I guess the first chip is the worst to get over, anymore after that and you think "Oh sod it!!" LOL!! Then again I would probably cry if I chipped my F1 hehehe!!
How about getting some wood filler? It's just off the headstock, so it's not AS noticeable as if it were on... say... the body.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
This actually happened to my guitar a while ago. I took it to Sam Ash, they filled it in with epoxy or something, and its pretty much gone. All that's left is a witness line that I could probably buff out if I had the time.
Try it out.
Quote by DevilsDance76
rigeljs is on the money...

PRS 513 Mahogany>Fulltone Clyde Wah>Tonebone Classic>MXR Dyna Comp>ISP Noise Decimator>Boss TU-2>Mesa Lonestar Special
Quote by rigeljs
This actually happened to my guitar a while ago. I took it to Sam Ash, they filled it in with epoxy or something, and its pretty much gone. All that's left is a witness line that I could probably buff out if I had the time.
Try it out.

how much would it cost to get a chip done like that?

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
+1 to all saying it gives the axe character.
I'm not a fan of facts. You see, the facts can change, but my opinion will never change, no matter what the facts are. - Stephen Colbert

Add a decal on it?
Gear:
95' Fender Richie Sambora Standard Stratocaster
06' Symphony SD54
07' Epiphone Les Paul Custom Plus
08' Recording King RD-17CFE
Fender G-DEC30
Line 6 POD XT
Blackstar Series One 45 Combo
10' Ernie Ball MusicMan JP6 BFR
You can get it fixed, but I reckon chips give the guitar character. I freaked out when I chipped my Explorer at first, but before long I realised it didn't really matter, seeing as it was on the headstock and didn't actually damage the wood.
Member of the Laney Cult
Oh I know the feeling....
Getting out of the car, had just got a new Les Paul, but hadn't invested in some strap locks..
Strap comes off guitar falls onto the driveway 2 massive chips on the body one on the headstock
HI