intro is a bit wierd, is there 2 guitars or something?
R.I.P Jon Lord, Rory Gallagher and Jimi!
no, I didnt like any of the backing tracks I found, so I played the original thru itunes, then played along with it. But, in the intro, I was off by a second or 2, so you heard Jimi's guitar. But otherwise, my amp is so loud you can't hear the other guitar except the solo. Btw, how does everyone like it?
meh
Your strap is on backwards. That should fix any problems with your playing.
So it goes.
Quote by bassandcello
Your strap is on backwards. That should fix any problems with your playing.

wtf?

I have no problems playing. I just wasn't paying attention....

Was it bad?!
meh
naw it was good, just joshin ya. the solo was pretty well done but the rythem may need some work to get it spot on with jimi.
So it goes.
Quote by bassandcello
naw it was good, just joshin ya. the solo was pretty well done but the rythem may need some work to get it spot on with jimi.

Oh, yeah. I thought so, but thanks!
meh
robert plants first band called Band of Joy did a better cover of this song than hendrix's cover i think
"Speaking of voting there's the electoral vote and the popular vote and I think in order to be popular, you gotta vote." -Eddie Vedder
Quote by led_zep_1789
robert plants first band called Band of Joy did a better cover of this song than hendrix's cover i think

Thats nice.

Can you critique the song now?
meh
Not bad at all, but it's said before...the timing is a bit off which makes the solo sound messy cause jimi is also in the background. And work on your bends, they're outta tune.
Quote by deHufter
Not bad at all, but it's said before...the timing is a bit off which makes the solo sound messy cause jimi is also in the background. And work on your bends, they're outta tune.

Ha, I didn't really have time to work on it, I put it together in 1 day. Thanks though.
meh
Quote by get ta led out!
Ha, I didn't really have time to work on it, I put it together in 1 day. Thanks though.

Then why would you put it up then if your just gunna make excuses? But anyway I thought it was pretty good, I felt like the back track was a little weird like some others.
Man, you're losing timing a LOT.
You need to work on that. Perhaps keeping the music at hearable levels would help.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by get ta led out!

Why are you making excuses? I don't care. If you're going to make excuses, trash your recording and practice. Or at least record it and don't make excuses.
It's a cold world, so homie bundle up. We ain't on this grind for nothing, now get your hustle up.
I'm not making excuses. And for the last time( I explain this to much) I HAVE A TUBE AMP. I NEED THE VOLUME FOR THE DISTORTION. I AM GETTING AN ATTENUATOR. I WANTED TO PUT THIS UP TO SEE HOW PEOPLE THOUGHT I PLAYED. YES, I NEED RHYTHM WORK, BUT I COULD NOT HEAR THE ****ING RHYTHM TO PLAY ALONG TO!! I WAS NOT HAPPY WITH THE BACKING TRACKS. THIS WAS MEANT AS A BIRTHDAY PRESENT FOR 2 GIRLS WHO HAD SEEN ME PLAY, AND WANTED IT ON YOUTUBE. READ THE DESCRIPTION.
meh
Quote by get ta led out!
I'm not making excuses. And for the last time( I explain this to much) I HAVE A TUBE AMP. I NEED THE VOLUME FOR THE DISTORTION. I AM GETTING AN ATTENUATOR. I WANTED TO PUT THIS UP TO SEE HOW PEOPLE THOUGHT I PLAYED. YES, I NEED RHYTHM WORK, BUT I COULD NOT HEAR THE ****ING RHYTHM TO PLAY ALONG TO!! I WAS NOT HAPPY WITH THE BACKING TRACKS. THIS WAS MEANT AS A BIRTHDAY PRESENT FOR 2 GIRLS WHO HAD SEEN ME PLAY, AND WANTED IT ON YOUTUBE. READ THE DESCRIPTION.

So this is why you play with bad timing?
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
Quote by ripple07
So this is why you play with bad timing?

Imagine a teenager playing a song 500 times, unplugged. He has it memorized completly. Then imagine a 60 watt Blues Deville blocking his ability to hear anything besides what he's doing. I apologize for not being able to keep in time with a virtually non-existant rhythm section. I could have helped by playing more, but still. In the video, you get the impression that the guitar and the backing track is almost the same, in reality you couldn't hear anything.

And thanks guys, having 18 people telling me I have terrible timing and can't play is great.

Damnit, just wait for my attenuator. I might not be great, but I can hold my own damnit.
meh
Quote by get ta led out!
Imagine a teenager playing a song 500 times, unplugged. He has it memorized completly. Then imagine a 60 watt Blues Deville blocking his ability to hear anything besides what he's doing. I apologize for not being able to keep in time with a virtually non-existant rhythm section. I could have helped by playing more, but still. In the video, you get the impression that the guitar and the backing track is almost the same, in reality you couldn't hear anything.

And thanks guys, having 18 people telling me I have terrible timing and can't play is great.

Damnit, just wait for my attenuator. I might not be great, but I can hold my own damnit.

what did you expect us to do?
say great job?
because it wasn't.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
nah that was a pretty horrendous cover, you pretty much ruined it with the playing that was pretty much always out of time. But you just need to practice like everyone else... i had pretty much the same problem but i practiced and nowadays i barely have to hear the drummer / backing track to keep pretty good timing, you´ll just get the feel!

keep it up!

btw, you should really learn to take crits! putting up a bad cover and then getting pissed because people tell you it´s bad makes you sound like pretty much an asshole...

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=987913
crit my band?
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
It wasn't bad, but you need to work on your timing. It's not a hard problem to fix, so just practise a bit and you'll be good to go
Quote by Ferrarone
nah that was a pretty horrendous cover, you pretty much ruined it with the playing that was pretty much always out of time. But you just need to practice like everyone else... i had pretty much the same problem but i practiced and nowadays i barely have to hear the drummer / backing track to keep pretty good timing, you´ll just get the feel!

keep it up!

btw, you should really learn to take crits! putting up a bad cover and then getting pissed because people tell you it´s bad makes you sound like pretty much an asshole...

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=987913
crit my band?

I calmed down and did another video. I wasn't used to people telling me I sucked, and I really was mad at myself for even posting it. Please don't think I'm terrible

Your band is tight. I wish I had a band like that
meh
Well i'm glad U calmed down

But I'll have 2 agree w/ everbody else here ,

Your timing was way off
(dude!! play along with
a drum machine or some
drum loops 4 a month or 2
to tighten that up )

And the guitar
sounded out of tune ,
(But so did Jimi's
most of the time )

Next, turn that thing down,
U don't have a master volume
on that Amp? Where U can make
it distort without being on 8 ?

Also, next time try the backing
track, don't play along w/ Jimi,
it won't sound so confused

I have a good one if U want

C4C ?? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=990659

Be Gentle
" Free U'R Mind... And U'R AZZ will follow"

- George Clinton
Last edited by Bluez2move at Nov 8, 2008,
Timing is way off
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots