Hi all,

I played about 7 years ago (acoustic only) for a year, but then gave up. However; 2 months ago I bought myself a new electric, and I'm 'finding my feet' so to speak, getting used to the fretboard, easy riffs, chords etc, but I'm struggling to find any decent beginners songs.

I know there's a few threads on here with lists for beginners, intermediates and advanced players etc, however, they all seem to be towards the death metal fans, which I'm not tbh...

Don't get me wrong, there's a few decent tracks that I like, e.g. AC/DC, Metallica, guns n roses etc, but there doesn't seem to be any classic rock anthems. Can anyone point me in the right direction, please?
the Kinks have some pretty easy riffs if you know basic power chords. The Rolling Stones also have a lot of really easy ones.
Quote by RabbidWolf
Enter Sandman - Metallica

Do it

pmsl.....

Yeah, 'tis a belter that track. Love it. I can manage the intro so far.

Cheers guys.
Highway to hell is good for chording, and the solo ain't so hard either.
Enter Sandman is a decent song for beginners, but don't try the solo yet.
The slide parts and chords for the first part of Free Bird are good also.
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
Just thought I'd bump this thread as I've mastered 'Enter Sandman' now and I'm looking for a new song to follow on from that one (same level).

Any suggestions?

Cheers
Last edited by Special Trev at Jan 5, 2009,
im a begginer, but i can play most of kryptonite by three doors down and discovering the waterfront by silverstein and neither of those band are anything like death metal...
I absolutely love 'Hotel California', but I think it's slightly out of my league tbh...

I've listened to Kryptonite, and I'm not really into them tbh...

I like;

Metallica

Guns 'n' Roses

Oasis

Hendrix

Nirvana (can play the usuals, like teen spirit, in bloom, etc)

That's a few I like, to name but a few...