I recently got a Saga LC-10 LP-Style guitar kit and I would like some help. I wanna a different color on the body, and polish it as well so it isn't wood. I'm not sure if there is or is not a guide to it i've searched and every time I look I get lost.

Any help is appreciated and again I apologize if this has been posted recently. Thank you for the help.
Last edited by ChrisL120 at Oct 25, 2008,
Quote by ChrisL120
I recently got a Saga LC-10 LP-Style guitar kit and I would like some help. I wanna a different color on the body, and polish it as well so it isn't wood. I'm not sure if there is or is not a guide to it i've searched and every time I look I get lost.

Any help is appreciated and again I apologize if this has been posted recently. Thank you for the help.

You mean you want to paint it, or you want a shiny coloured finish, that you can still see the wood grain through?
I would like to paint it, a black outter finish with...well at this point and time I'm still thinking what color I want in the middle, but right now I'd like to know the directions to how to do so. From start to finish. The body is already made as well as the neck [since it's a kit], All i need is to paint it. I have no experience with painting a guitar. So any detail could help.
Check the Ultimate Painting Thread at the top of the forum. Should be everything you need and want to know.

Sunburst is the same as black outer finish, btw.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Oh I didn't know that thank you.

I've looked in the ultimate painting forum and looked at Gibson Burst. As I read, I got more and more confused and I couldn't follow it.
Nevermind I found two tutorials [from the sticky, apparently I didn't look hard enough.]

Thank you to those who have tried to help, and those have told me things I didn't know.
you really just need to ask all your questions in one thread. You have started about 6 threads in 2 days.
But yeah there are plenty of tutorials on the internet for it.