I'm currently still on my first guitar and amp, a roland cube 15 and an ibanez 350dx. I want a new amp. My budget is $500 - 800 CAD, but I don't want it to be more than 800 because after I buy this new amp I'm going to start saving up for a high end half-stack. Anyways I only play death metal and shred, I'm looking for a combo and it doesn't matter if it's SS or tube.
nope, why waste that much money on an amp you're just going to upgrade? wait a few months and get a used 5150 or mesa dual rec.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
Quote by Unledded
I'm currently still on my first guitar and amp, a roland cube 15 and an ibanez 350dx. I want a new amp. My budget is $500 - 800 CAD, but I don't want it to be more than 800 because after I buy this new amp I'm going to start saving up for a high end half-stack. Anyways I only play death metal and shred, I'm looking for a combo and it doesn't matter if it's SS or tube.

OK, so you are going from a cube 15 to an $800 combo that you will dispose of shortly so you can have a high end halfstack. Let me just wrap my brain around that. Don't you think getting a good metal combo amp would be enough for quite some time?
A used 5150/6505 would probably be ideal as suggested.
Edit: Also try a Bugera 6262 and 333xl, Randal RG50tc, Peavey VK, B-52 AT100, and look used on craigslist and see what is near used, Mesa, Peavey Ultra, XXX, JSX, etc.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Oct 26, 2008,
do you play with a band? or is it just for practice
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Let me clarify a bit, no where in my post did I say I'm going to get rid of this new amp shortly; I said that I'll start saving up for a high end half stack after I but this new amp, and saving up for the high end half stack will probably take a few years (around 3-4). Really sorry if I wasn't clear(maybe I should have excluded that entire part?).
Bugera 6262/333
'92 Mesa Dual Rectifier Blackface
Peavey 5150 II half stack
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Member of the Bugera Users Militia