Hi...
I've been playing guitar for almost 6 years ... (started at the age of 9)
My gear isn't that bad , but it isn't really good (except for the pod x3 live.. wich owns)
The gear i have are all paid by my parents for birthdays and stuff like that..

But i'm considering to play bass...
should i buy a bass set (like not really a set but buying a bass and a amp apart
separately )or a new (better) guitar ?

My best guitar i have right now is the Ex-50.. wich is around 260 euros... and if i buy a new guitar it will be problably one around 350-400 euros..

If i buy a bass i would problaby go for an Orange crush bass amp and a fender squier precision bass..

What do you guys think ?

Thx in advance
Squier Standard Telecaster.
Random Ibanez GIO superstrat
Takamine EG440C Maple Blue

Line 6 Spider III 30 w
Blackheart Killer Ant
Blackheart Little Giant

Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Line 6 Toneport UX-2
A P Bass is a great start for you, and I dig the Orange gear. You can use your X3 with the bass for extra tones. It will also help you with your guitar playing. Gets you used to another instrument and way of playing.
Line 6 SpiderValve 112 - Strymon SV Pre; G12-K100
Ibanez RG Custom Built - Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz
Line 6 M13
Oh.. i play drums on the drums on my bro too..

EDIT : Digging means that you like it ? or not ?

EDIT again : I know the pod x3 live can be used for either guitar , bass or vocals

Line 6 Spider III 30 w
Blackheart Killer Ant
Blackheart Little Giant

Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Line 6 Toneport UX-2
I'd say go for the new bass just because the guitar upgrade wouldn't be that huge of a guitar upgrade. If you were going to be a really really nice guitar It'd be a harder decision. Part of this also depends on your skill level and goals. If you are a great guitarist and want to gig a bunch, save and get a great new guitar. If you want to develop your overall musicianship and just experiment then get a bass to broaden your horizon and make you more musically aware.

Oh, and as a bass player I will naturally say: "come to the low end, you know you can't resist its seductive call."
Quote by dullsilver_mike
I'd say go for the new bass just because the guitar upgrade wouldn't be that huge of a guitar upgrade. If you were going to be a really really nice guitar It'd be a harder decision. Part of this also depends on your skill level and goals. If you are a great guitarist and want to gig a bunch, save and get a great new guitar. If you want to develop your overall musicianship and just experiment then get a bass to broaden your horizon and make you more musically aware.

Oh, and as a bass player I will naturally say: "come to the low end, you know you can't resist its seductive call."

We'll I'm pretty good at guitar... sweeping and stuff...
But i just moved in this town i live in right now so I don't know really much people.
If they call me for a band i would like to play guitar ... but i consider playing bass too and just have fun onstage

Line 6 Spider III 30 w
Blackheart Killer Ant
Blackheart Little Giant

Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Line 6 Toneport UX-2
Honestly, I would just do what i do. I play multiple instruments. (piano, Drums, Bass, and Guitar) But, Multi-Task with it. Do bass too. But, keep with your guitar. I dont think Bass is as interesting as guitar.